No announcement yet.

Getting more desperate by the minute!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting more desperate by the minute!!!

As I mentioned in previous postings I have not even been properly diagnosed yet. I've simply been told that I have blepharitis and dry eye. So I'm still looking for an ophthalmologist who can give me a thorough examination. I just spoke with one a while ago. I explained to him that my MGs are inflamed and I would like to be shown how to express them. His answer? "Gland expression is an old-fashion thing. We don't do that anymore".

Taken from

http://www.osnsupersite.com/blog/hovanesian.aspx

Date

22 February 2010.

Another approach is surgical meibomian gland expression performed in the office. Using two cotton-tip applicators, the examiner can apply bimanual pressure to the glands of the lower lid, expressing the opaque, inspissated, staph-laden material. (Upper lids can be expressed also but it leads to greater patient discomfort.) If you've ever performed this lipid catharsis, you know from somewhat grotesque personal experience the sheer amount of "gunk" that can be painstakingly (and painfully) removed with proper technique. The masochistic patients who return periodically for this time-consuming procedure do seem to experience true and prolonged relief. Why else would they ask for this procedure again?

For the full article, scroll down until you reach:

Squeezing and probing those meibomian glands — does it work?
    Posted by John A. Hovanesian, MD, FACS

Comment

Working...
    X