posterior blepharitis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• posterior blepharitis

What's the main treatment for posterior blepharitis?

I've spent a lot of time on the internet, but all I can do after what I understand is:

- Anti-dandruff shampo

- CLEANING the eye lids!!

- Warm compresses and massage

My meibomian glands are pruducing too much oil, if I close my eyes for 30 min, I have crust on my lids when I open my eyes..

I think the reason for the posterior blepharitis is scalp dandruff (seborrheic dermatitis).
    The cure: be open minded

Doxy is also a treatment. It helps to thin out the oil so your glands do not produce a lot of oil and so they do not clog up. Oil overproduction causes toxic tears due an overload of oil in tears.

The reason the glands clog is becuase of oil overproduction causing the oil to backs up.

Oily skin- seborrheic dermatitis - causes dandruff. Oily skin causes oil overproduction and causes the glands to clog and causes blepharitis.

Have you tired Doxy?

Again not a cure but may help you.

Comment

thanx for answer.

yes, I have tried doxy, but no help at all.

I just don't know what to do anymore, I just have to keep my lids clean I guess..

Comment

Seb derm

Some rosacea forum people are doing well with seb derm and scalp - see 'sticky' on honey etc http://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea_...ighlight=honey - big preoccupation here. Sorry, can't remember whether you've tried all this. Careful near the eyes tho.
        Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

how long on doxy

try 3 months on doxy...I did one round..for a month and nothing happened...i am now on 3 months of it...and it helps tremendously!

unfortunately nobody wants to be on an anti biotic long term....but people with acne take doxy long term so its not like its new. When I stop improving...i will start cutting back. Im on 100 mg 2 times a day...thinking another month of this and then reduce to once a day etc....

Comment

Hey Regina, since you are in the US, Orecea is available. I read that a low dosage is just as effective as a high dosage? Can't remember where I read this.

The reason why doxy works is not for antibacterial properties but for anti-inflammatory so a low dosage is all we need, I think.

Comment

okay....

I will definitely look into that!

Comment

I've been on tetracycline actavis for acne for 10 years, yes 10 years!!
                I think this is the reason for my eyes getting inflammed.

When I was on high school, I took 4 times the dosis my doctor recommended (1000 mg of tetracycline), since I thought this would mean NO acne at all, and yes, I had NO acne but then my eyes started acting up...

I still take 250 mg of tetracycline everyday for acne. Isn't this the same as doxy, they're both in the tetracycline fam..

I've tried being of tetracycline for 2 years, but NO difference in my eyes.

Anyway:

I'm soooo excited of trying this raw honey and virgin coconut oil http://rosacea-support.org/community..._derm_b-6.html !!!!!!!

I have ordered 4 glas of raw honey and oil, and damn I have a real hope for the first time ever

Anyone having experience with this? Please let me and other know...

I don't understand how to apply the honey and the oil on my lids? Can I apply it all over my eyes, over, under and so on?

Life is good today

Comment

Er, no. Only someone's remedy for sebaceous dermatitis on face and scalp. Read threads again carefully. Do not use near eyes!
                  Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

RE: rosacea vs seb dermatitis

I have rosacea and seb dermatitis... they often occur together.

I also know that some things that people do to "help" their rosacea actually make their seb dermatitis worse (and vice versa).

You really need to see a dermatologist about this. I was given an Rx lotion for seb dermatitis that has helped tremendously... and I stopped doing some of the things that were to help my rosacea (that made seb dermatitis worse).

But my eyes have stayed the same (dry).

Comment

Working...
                    X