Looking for support for a distressed DES person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for support for a distressed DES person

I'm looking for peer support for a distressed patient in Virginia with severe dry eye and rosacea. She can't use a computer at this point but if there is anybody that has "been there and done that" and come out the other side in terms of anxiety & depression, and would be willing to speak with her, PLEASE contact me. Thank you so much!
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Please, can anybody help me by offering some phone support to this friend?

Doesn't matter where you are... I am hoping for one or two people who could talk with this woman on the phone periodically. She was recently hospitalized with suicidal tendencies, had a really bad experience with the hospitalization and is having a really, really hard time making it from one day to the next. I am trying to help but I can't be available to her personally as much as I would like. She needs some hope, some example of what it looks like to come out the other side of this dark place. Thank you so much to anybody who could step up.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Hi yes i can offer some support, ill Pm you the number.

I am going to be in the US after next week, for 2 months, and will have time in the day to talk because my boyfriend will be at work and i cant work. The following week i am studying, but have some time.
      I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Thank you, thank you sazy and the other two people who privately stepped up... I really appreciate it.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Support

I don't know if you think my reaching out to her would be good or not but I am happy to offer it. I was defintely at the dark place but I'm proud to say I have been over 1 1/2 yr out from my severe depression. I work, date, and live on my own. Maybe someone who has been there and come out of it stronger would be good to here but I defintely dont want to rock an already fragile boat if my story would be too close to home. Whatever u think is best. If interested I'll pm my contact info or it maybe on file already.

Kim
          If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

Comment

Rebecca,

I just found this thread. I'd be happy to help.

Ariel

Comment

I can help as well, but it would most likely need to be via phone conversations because I don't live near Virginia. I would be happy to help though.

Comment

Working...
              X