Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaky gut and candida -The reason!

I have done a great deal of research on my symptoms:
    MGD (posterior blepharitis), sebaceous dermatitis (rosacea), dark circles, anxiety, depression, chronic fatigue (It feels like I have a cold, but I don't), incresed inflammation after consuming sugar, carbs, tomatos, milk products, and other stuff.. Joint/muscle pain, cravings for alcohol, bread and sweets, confusion, dizziness, light diarrhea, redness, flaking behind the ears, small sebaceous lumps under the skin that don't develop. I don't have yellow flaking or crusting on scalp, hairline, eyebrows YET, but someday I'm sure it will if I don't start treatment.

And I'm sure all this is related to a leaky gut and candida. I think I got this after extreme consumption of antibiotics (up to 2000 MG of tetracycline a day for 7 years due to acne). I was recommended to take 250 mg a day, but that stupid kid (me) increased this up to 2000 mg a day, since I thought this would meen no acne. And yes, I had no acne (but my skin was so dry that it started flacking of), so I stoped the antibiotics. Then dry, red eyes come along..

Many many people laugh this of, but think about it. I'm sure that candida and a leaky gut is the reason many of us are having this symptoms.
    Well, think whatever.. But I'm gona start a treatment for a leaky gut and candida (diet, cleansing, supplements). And my quess is that I will write about this in the "Our dry eye triumphs" section before 2011 starts..

So, anyone with experience on a leaky gut and candida?
    The cure: be open minded

R&S,
    You might want to see if you can get some live Kefir grains. If you think Candida is part of your issues, this is a healthy thing to add to your amunition. I have some, given to me by another dry eye person here, and I've been using them since November 2009 faithfully. I'm on a gluten free diet and Kefir, and I'm feeling better overall (though not my eyes, but don't let that deter you).
    If I thought they (the kefir grains) could survive a trip to Norway, I'd send you some. They are live organisms, so I don't know how long it would take to get to you if I mailed them. I'm in the US.

Comment

Candida

Thought you might like this! Might be fun. Won't give you the link because I'm sure there's better information out there so don't take it too seriously.

1.Fill a clear glass with water and place it beside your bed or on your counter before going to sleep at night.
      2.When you awake in the morning, spit into the glass. Do this before having breakfast, your morning coffee, brushing your teeth, etc. It’s important that nothing enters your mouth or touches your lips before you perform this test. Make this the very first thing you do.
      3.Immediately take note of how the saliva looks. Now, check in 2-3 minutes and again 15 minutes later.
      Healthy saliva that is free from excess yeast will be clear. It can float on top initially, but will slowly dissolve into the water without any cloudiness or sinking. There are normally some bubbles or foam present, however. Saliva that contains an overgrowth of Candida will have one or more of the following characteristics:

•Strings of saliva trailing down to the bottom of the glass. (It may resemble a jellyfish.)
      •Cloudy saliva that sinks in a clump to the bottom of the glass
      •Cloudy specks suspended in/on the water
      The more strings and cloudiness there are, and the faster it develops, the greater the Candida overgrowth.
      Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Hi!

I have done this test in the morning, and the result was:

•Strings of saliva trailing down to the bottom of the glass.
        •Cloudy specks suspended in/on the water

It did not at all disolve in the water!!

So I know I have candida, now starts the treatment..

-Cleansing
        -Diet
        -Probiotics/healing the gut

Is this right?

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20_Hindsight View Post
          R&S,
          You might want to see if you can get some live Kefir grains. If you think Candida is part of your issues, this is a healthy thing to add to your amunition. I have some, given to me by another dry eye person here, and I've been using them since November 2009 faithfully. I'm on a gluten free diet and Kefir, and I'm feeling better overall (though not my eyes, but don't let that deter you).
          If I thought they (the kefir grains) could survive a trip to Norway, I'd send you some. They are live organisms, so I don't know how long it would take to get to you if I mailed them. I'm in the US.
          Thank you for the tips and offer! I know I can buy that here, it's like a sourmilk or something. I will add this to my diet

Comment

Personally, I think that "spit test" is kinda bogus, but a "candida diet" can be helpful because you really have to limit your sugar intake.

I got the "leaky gut" about 30 years ago after having dysentery. I don't mean leaking in the dysentery sense---sorry! It just totally messed up my intestinal tract---got all sorts of food intolerances that I never had before.

I went gluten free about 3 years ago, and it does seem help with my belly problems.

Good luck with your new strategy. I'm a firm believer that if you can get a healthy variety of microorganisms going in the gut, the healthier you'll be overall.

C

Comment

Working...
            X