Almost three years on - Bleph!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost three years on - Bleph!

I've been away from here for a long time - a good thing for my eyes I suppose, but bad in the sense that I liked to help people when I was suffering really badly with my eyes!

I posted in Jan 08 and Jan 09, with ongoing problems with dry eyes, nasty redness and pain.

I was amazed, after rushing to the opticians on Jan 4 to pick up new prescription specs in anticipation of my yearly dry eye and...

it didn't materialise. I used a rice baggie almost religiously every single night to keep the meibomian glands open.

I was almost disappointed I didn't need my two new pairs of specs full-time, particularly after I had almost taken my last optician to court over paid-for lenses I didn't receive having cancelled my lensmail deal because I couldn't possibly have been wearing lenses - but they were still charging me for them.

Anyway. Roll on last weekend - slightly sticky, red, irritable right eye, eyelid was swollen. I had made a long car journey (210 miles) and wondered if that didn't help.

I resumed with the baggie, eyes felt fine but dried gunk in the morning.

I can now buy chloramphenicol OTC in the UK, so got some and took my lenses out for three days while I used it.

Eyes were both fine again, made same long journey last night with lenses in, after three hours I felt like I had something in my eye - tearing, sticky, pretty awful but no pain. Then it disappeared again.

Back in lenses again today, drove back (another 210 miles) eyes are pretty much ok.

Basically, I'm convinced it is bleph. I had noticeable purpley, swollen veins in the bad eyelid and it felt like I had a swollen gland or something gritty on the upper lid rubbing across my eye on occasions all week, baggie seemed to help it pop and then it went away.

But does anyone else get bleph that almost comes and goes? Within a week? And mostly, do you think car air con or just a cool air blower could be responsible?
Working...
X