Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Eye Dr Visit

Hey everyone,

Wanted to let everyone know about my last eye dr visit. Not much have changed, still have the redness and oil blockage. He said my tears are a bit too oily for what he would like to see. What have others done that have similar problems? I'm taking the omega 3 and hot packing at night.

He also did a tear test..not sure what the exact name is. Put a couple pieces of paper in my eye lids to see how much tears are being produced. Anyways, one eye was showing 25 and the other 20, which is not too bad. My eyes are producing tears, he just does not like the oil consistency.

Anyways, he had a patient that could not use restasis and gave it to me to use for a month. One box was opened already, but it was a risk free trial for me to see if I see any improvement over a month.

For those that have used it, do you use the same vial twice a day or use it once and throw it away and use a new one for the second time around?? The dr wasn't there when I picked it up. The directions say twice a day.

Thanks.

restasis

I use the same vial until its done. Its a huge waste in my opinion to use two drops then throw it away. They will not foul for a day or two. I do the same with Bion tears and never had an issue . Good luck ! Remember it takes a long time to work and may burn for weeks until you tolerate them .

Comment

Hi, funny he gave to you to try for a month, as Restasis takes 3 to 6 months to see a difference, if any. So one month is not going to do any good. If you do try it for a month, let us know how you did with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Plat View Post
        Hi, funny he gave to you to try for a month, as Restasis takes 3 to 6 months to see a difference, if any. So one month is not going to do any good. If you do try it for a month, let us know how you did with it.
        Thank you! From reading other posts, it seemed to be common to use the vial more then once. It seemed like such a waste!

I think the trial for a month was to see how I react to it, if it causes me more problems, then good, etc. It was at no cost to me as well, so like I said more of a risk free trial.

If there are no bad side affects or the redness does not get worse, we probably will continue on.

I have read in can be a few months before you notice a difference.

Comment

Working...
        X