Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anything be done about thickened eyelids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anything be done about thickened eyelids?

My upper and lower eyelid margins have thickened a bit due to blepharitis/mgd. The lower eyelids are the ones that bother me though, not so much the uppers. I was wondering if there are any treatments (i.e. medicines, surgical procedures?) that can address this specific issue. The swelling doesn't seem to be going away with treatments that are aimed at reducing inflammation (restasis, steroid drops, azasite, etc). Any suggestions?

I'm interested to an answer to this post, too.

Anyone?

Comment

A significant reduction in the swelling of my upper eyelids (which was the only place I had much swelling) occurred for me after my first IPL treatment with Dr. Friedman. This was IPL specifically for dry eye, not regular IPL for the face.

They're still a little puffy, sometimes more than others, but nothing like how they were before. I think other people wouldn't notice it.

Before IPL, I had become fairly self-conscious about it, particularly because my left upper eyelid was much more swollen than my right one. To me, it seemed noticeable and weird looking. I had already been using Azasite chronically, as well as Restasis, doxycycline, warm compresses, and omega-3s.

I completed my 4th (and last, for now) IPL treatment at the end of July. Only time will tell if the prior level of swelling reappears.

However, I can't really recommend IPL for this purpose since I have no idea whether my response was idiosyncratic. I'm just offering my experience for what it's worth.

Comment

I thought I was the only one with this condition. My right lower eye lid has remained thickened by MGD since 2006. It has not changed at all. It's very frustrating.

Comment

Working...
        X