Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help! ---What meds are you taking for Blepharitis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help! ---What meds are you taking for Blepharitis?

I have bleph, MGD, and DES. I'm taking doxy, and cyclosporine but no antibiotic drops for the blepharitis. Today my eyes were burning like hell as it happened two days ago. I kept instilling eye drops of all kinds without seeing any improvement until I used the antibiotic eye drops. I'd like to know what antibiotic eye drops are most commonly used.
    Last edited by Ariel; 28-Aug-2010, 19:30. Reason: bad wording

In my experience, the most important part of treatment is the lid scrubs. I use baby shampoo and do them 4 times a day. I have no burning at all if I do this. How often are you doing your scrubs?

Comment

My doc put me on Azasite for my blepharitis. Can't tell that it's helping yet. Been about 2 weeks, but he said to rub the drop on my eyelid margins.

Comment

Kelly--- You were told to "rub Azasite on your lid margins" as opposed to instilling the drops? I get a lot of itching and burning when I used them which is why I stopped. I wonder if brushing your lid margins and eyelashes without instilling the drops would be sufficiently effective.

Comment

Yes, he said rub them on lid margins, and I've read about doctors recommending that on other sites.

Sometimes I just close my eyes and rub the edge of my lashes, but I wonder if that's doing much good. So now I try to do the margins with my eyes open.

There is some stinging, but it's really only momentary. I'll put up with some discomfort if it will ultimately do me good. I just can't tell that it's helping at all yet.

Comment

Manitobaskylines--- I'm doing the lid scrubs twice a day.

Comment

I had some blepharitis several months ago. My optometrist gave me azasite. I put it in my eye just before bed. The first 2 days it burned horribly when I put them in. Then it leveled off. My bleph got better (still have dry eye though).

I wonder why some people experience this burning and others don't. Is it related to tear osmolarity?

Ariel, I hope you see some relief soon. Oasis tears have helped me a lot.

Comment

I have Blephamide ointment. Steroid plus antibiotic plus bad preservative. Put on lids only---burns terribly if put into eye. Good to have for emergencies---that's what I keep it around for---to take on trips and such, when my eyes tend to get messed up with inflammation/infection.

C

Comment

Working...
                X