Eyelashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyelashes

I've had blepharitis a few years, and now I've got dry eyes.

I've been noticing the last year or so that my eyelashes are growing crooked. Some sideways, some down. I keep asking the doctors about this . . . one said I had beautiful eyelashes, another said that eyelash loss is probably from my hypothyroidism.

I've had hypothyroidism for twenty years and have never noticed crooked lashes, AND my levels are fine. I told him I said MISDIRECTED lashes. Not loss (though there is some, too).

I'm in my thirties. Single. Female. I do NOT want to look like those images when I google "blepharitis". The doc said it's posterior.

Will this problem get better when I get my blepharitis under control? (though, IMO, it should be under control after doing lid scrubs for years, though the latest doc tells me that's a waste of time and has me on Azasite).

I'm actually having more problems with the cosmetic aspect of this disease than the discomfort. I've already given up makeup and my contact lenses.

Hi Kelly,

One of the first doctors that I went to diagnosed me with blepharitis. No specifics ... just blepharitis. He prescribed lid scrubs and doxycycline. So I went home and looked up blepharitis and knew something wasn't right because my eyes didn't look like the pictures on Google. After some research I discovered that I had posterior blepharitis, or meibomian gland dysfunction. It's kind of sad really ... I spent a boat load of money at the doctors office just to properly diagnose and teach myself.

My eyelashes have grown sideways, up, down, and some have fallen out. Mascara and eyeliner are things of the past. I'm almost thirty so I understand how you feel about the appearance aspect. Try not to let it bother you too much ... it's what is on the inside that counts ...

I actually had probing done and have noticed that my eyelashes don't grow sideways as much anymore ... for the most part they look straight now. Once you have the right treatment you should see some improvement. Have you taken doxycycline yet?

Comment

No . . . no one has suggested doxycycline to me. The azasite is the first actual medication anyone has suggested for the blepharitis.

Other than that, it was lid scrubs, lid scrubs, lid scrubs. I kept going back to the doctor saying my eyelashes looked weird. My eyes were getting veinier. They kept telling me blepharitis was mild.

Some dry eye, some allergy. Take more drops.

I feel like NOTHING I've done in the past two years has helped, and now my appearance is suffering, my eyes hurt constantly, and I doubt I'll ever wear contacts again. And I HATE wearing glasses.

Comment

Working...
      X