rosacea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rosacea

I know this is a dry eye forum but can people tell me what they use for their facial rosacea please? I used to have lovely skin & eyes but now i have red eyes & spotty skin.Sooo depressed about it! I've read eucerin products can help. Is this true? I'd be so greatful of any suggestions

I used benzoyl peroxide for a while, but that was too harsh for my skin so I went to the dermatologist and she gave me several options. I tried Metrogel, which works for a lot of people, but did not work for me so she put me on a sulfur cream and that has actually worked pretty well for me. If I don't use the cream my skin gets red and blotchy too so I know exactly how you feel. So I would suggest to make an appointment with a dermatologist and they will give you several options (they will probably suggest Metrogel first) to choose from. I hope this helps.

Comment

Metrogel/Rozex

Hi Peepers. I think Metrogel is called Rozex Gel in the UK (it is in Australia). I used it for a few years, but kept getting the red, itchy/painful spots sporadically.

Changed to Finacea (15% azelaic acid) which controls the rosacea much better for me. It took quite a while to get used to, the stinging was pretty bad, but abated after about 3 weeks use. If I get too hot directly after application it can start stinging, but not bad enough to put me off. Let your face 'settle' for about 20 minutes after washing before you apply the gel, it helps reduce the ouch factor.

I also spent a lot of time finding the right cleanser for my poor face, so that is an issue for us too. Too 'gentle' and lousy cleansing is as bad as too harsh.

Nearly forgot, CAUTION! do NOT get this stuff in your poor red eyes or it will be a very memorable experience!

Cheers,
      Polly
      Last edited by FearlessTearless; 31-Aug-2010, 08:37. Reason: Caution!

Comment

thanks for your posts! I've got an appointment with my GP next week & im gonna ask him to refer me to a dermatologist. I think this is why my eyes are playing up aswel. Im hoping if i sort my skin out my eyes may settle down. A girl can wish

Comment

I use metronidazole gel twice daily, Cetaphil cleanser, and now, this crazy sounding "Rosacea Diet" from the book, Rosacea 101 by Brady Barrows. To my utter shock, I think this crazy diet is actually helping my skin!

Comment

Originally posted by SAAG View Post
            I use metronidazole gel twice daily, Cetaphil cleanser, and now, this crazy sounding "Rosacea Diet" from the book, Rosacea 101 by Brady Barrows. To my utter shock, I think this crazy diet is actually helping my skin!
            I'd like to hear your progress on this diet. I read a little bit about it and does sound crazy! But hey if it works I might give it a try.

Comment

Hi. I was diagnosed with rosacea several months ago. I flush a lot and get blotchy. It is my understanding that the skin regimen you are on depends on whether you have papules or pustules. I have pustules (tiny, itchy whiteheads that come and go at remarkable speed).

I use Rosaderm cleanser, Clindamycin Phosphate Lotion and Desonide Lotion to keep it under control. Sometimes it all works . I was on doxycycline when it was really bad but I really don't like being on antibiotics so got off it as soon as I could.

Also, I use Dr. Bronner's lemon and almond bar soap. I love both and they don't irritate my skin.
              Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

Forgot to mention earlier, I'm also on doxycycline 100mg per day.

Originally posted by dave25 View Post
                I'd like to hear your progress on this diet. I read a little bit about it and does sound crazy! But hey if it works I might give it a try.
                Here's a link to the thread about it... I just posted an update today...

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...ht=rosacea+101

Comment

Originally posted by SAAG View Post
                  Forgot to mention earlier, I'm also on doxycycline 100mg per day.

Here's a link to the thread about it... I just posted an update today...

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...ht=rosacea+101
                  Thanks for the update!

Comment

Rosaliac by La Roche -Posay is awesome. Put it directly on eyes and face and no rinsing required.
                    Unfortunately not available in the US as far as I know.

Comment

Working...
                    X