Azasite on lid margins for the treatment of blepharitis, MGD, and EDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Azasite on lid margins for the treatment of blepharitis, MGD, and EDE

As I'm suffering from all the above my tear film is oil deficient which appears to be the main cause of the stinging sensation I can't get rid of. It seems to be unaffected even while using Autologous serum in a concentration of 100% which isn't odd as AS does not supply anything I'm aware of to make up for the missing oil.

Some of you are using Azasite, which I tried instilling before going to bed but it caused a great deal of burning on the following day so I stopped using it. I've read that Azasite penetrates the eyelid tissue and stays on it even for a month after it has been applied. Dr. Latkany says that it is an effective anti-inflamatory.

I'd like to know if Azasite can "work it's magic" when applied over the lid margins without being instilled. Are any of you using it this way? Someone has also mentioned the importance of the DuraSite vehicle in the anti-inflammatory process but I haven't found a lot of information on it.

I had a very bad experience with azasite. I believe that it was the direct cause of the severe burning I had. I had dryness but never burning until the azasite was prescribed. Fortunately, I started a course of treatment that included lacriserts and restasis that has resolved my dry eye nicely but not completely.

Best wishes,
    pianolady

Comment

Working...
    X