Mucus Strands and foreign body sensation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mucus Strands and foreign body sensation

I have been on Restasis for 3 months and I was given lower plugs about 3 weeks ago. Since getting the plugs, I have been getting mucus strands in my eyes which in turn is creating a foreign body sensation after using my freshkote drops. The foreign body sensation was pretty bad the other day which was disheartening because I had never had this symptom before. Joy, just what I need a new symptom. Has anyone had this experience? I am wondering if my tear production is changing with my treatment and now freshkote is too much. If so, I am willing to try another drop, but do not know which kind. I don't return to my dr. for another 3 months. Any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated

I get more mucous strings when my eyes are inflamed.

Some thoughts:
    1. Maybe the plugs are trapping some irritating substance in your tears and your eyes are reacting.

2. Maybe the the Restasis drops are combining in a weird way with the FreskKote. I've used both, but not during the same time period. Try leaving some time in between when you use them; maybe they don't combine well.

Or give up FreshKote for a few days and see if that helps.

I think it's OK to "drag" out the mucous strings using clean hands---but it's got to be a conscious thing---not good to randomly pick at your eyes. When I get a "glob" I go to the washroom, clean my hands, and get it out. Works OK, unless you're getting them constantly. Sometimes mine are "stringy" but the most irritating type is "chunky." Yuk.

C

Comment

Working...
    X