Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does a normal looking meibomian gland look gland?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does a normal looking meibomian gland look gland?

I still dont know what i have thats the most frustrating thing of all. Diagnosed with dry eyes is the only things my ophthalmologist agree on.

My current problem is I believe i have problems with my tear duct, i just found out last week i have a sinus infection (chronic) and pretty bad. I heard that blocked tear duct can accompany this since tears dont drain properly.

My really annoying symtpoms besides redness in the corner of my eye by my nose, is discharge. My one eye is really bad and the discharge comes from the tear duct itself i believe or always around their. It also burns and irritates my eye. This comes and goes every few months and lasts for months. Its almost jelly like and thick and i hate it.

My only other thinking is perhaps i have meibomian gland dysfunction since their is alot of discharge. Although discharge not toothpasty. All the pictures online I see show either clogged glands, or under developed glands. Honestly i think my glands look like the under developed ones i seen.

Does anyone have comments on the above, and also what exactly proper glands should look like.

Just realized thread title does not make sense. Suppose to have like at the end instead of gland again?

Comment

I knew what you meant.

Comment

Here's a link to a photo of normal mg's. Photo on top is abnormal, one at bottom normal.
        http://www.eyeworld.org/article.php?sid=3999

My meibomian glands look normal I think, just not much comes out of them. The lid margin is smooth and I can see very tiny openings, level with the surface.

Comment

Here's another one.

Scroll down to image number 1

http://www.liv.ac.uk/ophthalmology/d...-dysplasia.htm

As you will see, they appear to be little dots.

Comment

Thanks for the help.

Im pretty sure i dont have mgd or build up of any kind. If anything i may have lack of glands like that one website irish linked to. But i figure a doctor would have told me that very easily. I never have grease or anything like that on my lids that i notice. Its always discharge in the eye itself, never anything on the lids.

Comment

Just another thing i wanted to mention maybe someone has dealt with these symptoms. THe most frustrating thing of all is 7 years still no proper diagnoses except dry eyes, and I know my one eye is not just dry something is wrong. And since im blind in my left i need to keep it in good health and my eye doctors just dont know.

-Itchy tear duct
              -Pain at times in bottom part of eye, feels like throbbing. I assume this was sinus infection related, but nasonex and antibiotics not helping this.
              -Discharge from the tear duct, sometimes slightly yellow, but alot of discharge
              -Red upper part of eyeball, my upper eye ball never gets red, for years its always been the bottem part of my eyes, top parts were always clear.

Other odd things I should mention, still trying to treat sinus infection, dont know if thats causing issues.

I am also having trouble with my wisdom teeth, i will need to get them out, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Comment

just because you don't see a plugged gland doesn't mean they are not clogged. I rarely see plugs, but I know my glands are clogged.

I manually express my glands everyday and see stuff coming out even though my glands aren't capped.

The most useful tool I have found is a ordinary blackhead remover purchased at the drug store. It is angled and is metal, so it is easy to get under your eyelid to push against. Very helpful...just be careful.

Comment

Working...
                X