No announcement yet.

severe MGD/Dry eyelids. lacrilube safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• severe MGD/Dry eyelids. lacrilube safe?

ok so i am going to a new doc cause Dr. Foulks is retiring.
    anyway, i am now told to use ocusoft scrub pads 2x a day.. ok that is fine but when i asked what to use on my eyelids that were really dry from the warm compresses i was told to use lacrilube.... My previous doc never had me use any types of ointments as he said they were messy and could harm the meimbomian glands.... is it safe if i just use the lacrilube on top of my eyelid and not near the lash margin???

please anyone who uses it can you let me know your experiences?? and does anyone use anything else for dry itchy eyelids??
    Jenny

It'd be fine to just use it on your eyelid - it's basically just like vaseline. If it were me though I'd use Refresh PM instead though since it's preservative-free and Lacrilube is not. Same type of ointment and ingredients otherwise.

Comment

hey guess what.. i bought refresh pm! thanks... i saw it was pres free as well.. so u use it too? on the outside? i guess if i just use a little.. i am a mess latley cause my nice doc retired from practice..although he is still researching and teaching... he is one of the few out there into dry eye.. he is usally listed alongside dr latakny in articles and such.. so of course i dont trust anyone new..even tho my doc handpicked this guy...
      thanks for responding..no one has been responding to my inquiries as of late... are they too weird?? ihope not!!! just tring to survive this dry eye thing..
      Jenny

Comment

Jenny, I use Refresh PM this way also. Instead of putting a moisturizer near my eyes I started using the PM that I had left when I learned it wasn't so great for putting IN the eye, and have continued. It works great for me, helps the wrinkles too.

Comment

great! thanks so much.. makes me feel somuch better.. i could also use some more help with my wrinkles too so that is cool!!!
          Jenny

Comment

Working...
          X