please help! dry eyelids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help! dry eyelids

just a quick ? here... what does everyone with dry eyelids use on their eyelids??? i was using eryhromycin but my new doc doesn't want me to depend on an antibiotic... Neosporin? lacrilube? what is safe to use to moisturize the eyelid???? am i better off just using my eye cream?
    Jenny

Don't use neosporin----it stings and is too strong to use around the eye.

I've used vaseline and also used Weleda "Skin Food" (it's their sort of medicinal skin cream)--has some lanolin in it (and herbal extracts--might be too aromatic to use near the eyes). I do OK with some lanolin---some people don't. I mostly use this on the circles under my eyes which get chapped from wearing Onyix goggles.
    C

Comment

thanks for the advise... i really appreciate it>
      Jenny

Comment

dry eyelids

http://www.skinshop.co.uk/item.asp?i=4637

What about trying this?

Comment

Refresh PM works for me

I use a very thin coating of Refresh PM ointment. If you pat it on and keep patting it around it is not too greasy. I figure this is safe stuff to use 'around' my eyes, I never put it in the eye anymore. I got started doing this when I had almost a full tube left when I decided not to use it in my eyes after reading about ointments here.

This has been working well for me for a couple of years.

Hope this helps.

Comment

i too have been using refresh pm onmy lids only (per doc's instructions) and my lids are so much better plus i had burned them before and they are lightening up.. my doc saw me 3 weeks later and commented how good my lids look..

hey. thanks for the link to this product.. i have never heard of it but live in the states... it may be worth trying.
            Jenny

Comment

I use chloramphenicol(anti biotic)ointment on lid margins only before bed and after eyelid hygiene - then i use a quite thick layer of vasaline on the outer lids This combination i dont wash off in the morning and it lasts until i repeat the procedure next night

I have been pretty sucessful with this for a couple of years

My theory as to why, is that the antibiotic ointment reduces the bacteria on the lids and both it, and the vasaline lock in moisture
              By morning you hardly notice the vasaline

Unless i am having a bad flare-up (then i use doxycillen) i am very comfortable and hardly need drops and that awful- eyeball stuck to eyelids- in the morning is now a thing of the past

Comment

I use calendula cream, made by Boiron. It's an all natural first aid cream that you can buy at health food stores and on the internet. It says not to get it in your eyes, but I use it around my eyes very carefully. It absorbs into my skin very quickly--it's not greasy at all like Vaseline and other products can be. It's so smooth that I can even wear it on my eyes/lids during the day. I use a q-tip to apply it and rub it in.

Comment

Working...
                X