Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clarityne, Zyrtec... and no more DE symptoms but what does it mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarityne, Zyrtec... and no more DE symptoms but what does it mean?

As many of you already know I suffer from blepharitis which I thought to be the cause of the itching and burning I felt at all times, except while sleeping.

I've been taking everything I could find to alleviate the DE symptoms and nothing worked. Then I began using FML drops which brought an immediate improvement but it worried me knowing they can cause serious problems so I stopped using it and began taking Clarityne and Zyrtec. Since then all my DE symptoms are virtually gone, to the point I don't even feel the need to instill eye drops while using the computer. I think both drugs are the same thing so it doesn't matter which of the two I'm using.

Does this mean the cause of my DE is simply an allergy?

Originally posted by Ariel View Post
    As many of you already know I suffer from blepharitis which I thought to be the cause of the itching and burning I felt at all times, except while sleeping.

I've been taking everything I could find to alleviate the DE symptoms and nothing worked. Then I began using FML drops which brought an immediate improvement but it worried me knowing they can cause serious problems so I stopped using it and began taking Clarityne and Zyrtec. Since then all my DE symptoms are virtually gone, to the point I don't even feel the need to instill eye drops while using the computer. I think both drugs are the same thing so it doesn't matter which of the two I'm using.
    Whoa. No matter what's making you feel better I'm just so glad that something IS! That's really great, Ariel.

Possible but it's not always quite that simple. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? If you are dry due to blepharitis, your eyes are much more susceptible to allergans. Or if allergies are a pivotal thing disrupting your tear film, you're more likely to experience symptoms from blepharitis (which if mild might not otherwise give you symptoms). - Main thing is, to eventually find which thing to treat most and how... I am hoping this continues to benefit you consistently.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Ariel View Post

Wow! I don't know what this means, but I am just thrilled to hear that you're doing so much better! Good for you!

Comment

congrats to feeling better!! good for you...
        Jenny

Comment

If my improvement continues it will be thanks to this forum as it was here where I learned about the two drugs I'm now using. Yes, though fellow DE sufferers instead of the many quacks I spent money visiting. So thanks to all of you for participating, thanks for the concern you've expressed about my condition and thanks to you Rebecca because without you there wouldn't have been a place for me to go.

I advised someone in the past to read the posts on this forum to educate herself on her condition. I spent hundreds of hours doing it and it has paid off. I just need to know where to go from here. Feeling so good seems so strange it's hard to believe it's really happening.
          Last edited by Ariel; 11-Oct-2010, 04:03.

Comment

Ariel, I am so happy for you that you have found relief. I am in total agreement with you about learning from reading this board! Everything I have learned that has helped me has been here, not from any of the many doctors I have seen.

Comment

Working...
            X