Electric eye massagers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric eye massagers?

Anyone tried the electric heater/massager eye mask things they sell? I wonder if it would be helpful for both MGD and sinus issues.

never heard of these? where do u get them?
    Jenny

Comment

Here's an example:

http://www.hammacher.com/Product/75771

Comment

this looks pretty interstesting.. i dont know.. i would def bring it up to your doc... i will try and do so next time i go to mine.. i live in the states and had never seen anythinglike this before..
        Jenny

Comment

It sounds wonderful for the headaches I get from my eyes and sinuses!

Comment

Originally posted by Mastiff View Post
            Anyone tried the electric heater/massager eye mask things they sell? I wonder if it would be helpful for both MGD and sinus issues.
            I have MGD, I tried one of those electric heat massagers. Didn't work for me. Can't really speak for all of them, but the one I had didn't really heat to the point to actually express the glands. I found the rice baggy worked way better.

Comment

I have never seen this advertised before and cannot say how it might work.
              About 10 years ago, I had a vibrating eyemask which was a larger, rough idea of how this mask works. It massaged the area around the eyes.

I also have trigeminal neuralgia (nerve pain) around one of my eyes and this maswsaging motion would set the pain into high pitch. I don't normally have headaches, but since lasik in 2000, I've had the TN in one eye.

If others are prone to headache, this jarring, massaging might start the headaches. Just something to consider. Lucy
              Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
              X