upper lid inflammation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upper lid inflammation

Hi, it's me, again, just in agony today.

Missed my kids Halloween parties and am just so depressed. My upper lids are not red, but the tissue inside them are inflammed, you can see it definitely under the eyelashes (not red, just thick and swollen). It makes it so hard to even keep my eyes open for that long. I'm assuming the MG's aren't working, but I don't know what to do. I heard heat works, I've heard cold works. I am off of all anti inflammatory drops now and my doc says if it gets too bad we can try Lotemax or Azasite again. Any advice? Anyone out there with the same issue? I spoke to one of our members on the phone the other day and am grateful, but I'd love to hear from more of you as well.

Thanks,
    Margaret

Hi!

I have had severe upper lid swelling and pain in the past and alot of the times it was due to extreme sensitivity to the Bak preservative found in the numbing drops my eye doctors used to test the pressure in the eyes.

I have found that using warm moist compresses for approximately five to ten minutes every half hour to an hour (depending upon the pain) helped me considerably.

Perhaps you might wish to try using warm moist compresses and tailor how often you need to use it by judging the level of pain and discomfort you are experiencing.

I hope this suggestion is helpful.

Pam

Comment

Great, thanks for the suggestion. I have started warm compresses and am going to try it for a week and then try ice for a week and see what happens!

Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret View Post
        Great, thanks for the suggestion. I have started warm compresses and am going to try it for a week and then try ice for a week and see what happens!

Margaret
        Hi Margaret!

I think it's great that you are going to try using warm compresses for a week but perhaps you might wish to continue using the warm compresses for a longer period of time if they are helping you instead of switching to cold compresses the following week. Therefore, you would definitely know whether it's the warm compresses that are helping you or not.

By the way, please give an update on how you are doing!

Pam

Comment

Working...
        X