Blepharitis Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blepharitis Question.

I know 4 people who have experienced Blepharitis. 2 of whom resolved with using warm compresses after a month.
    1 who got fixed using chloremphenical ointment. And one who after nearly 2 years still has discomfort.
    Just wonder why for some people it is a temporary thing and for others Chronic?

Originally posted by Bette40 View Post
    I know 4 people who have experienced Blepharitis. 2 of whom resolved with using warm compresses after a month.
    1 who got fixed using chloremphenical ointment. And one who after nearly 2 years still has discomfort.
    Just wonder why for some people it is a temporary thing and for others Chronic?
    Hi Bette

Blepharitis isn't `one thing' - it refers to a family of inflammatory disease processes of the eyelids.

Blepharitis can be divided anatomically into anterior (inflammation around eyelashes and follicles) and posterior (which involves the meibomian gland orifices). Anterior blepharitis usually is subdivided further into staphylococcal and seborrheic variants.......and then of course there can be overlap etc etc.

I imagine most people have heard of blepharitis and only associate it with the milder form that gets better within a few weeks - and that is why it's made out to be a trivial condition.

Comment

i had it 10 years and its hard work but yes eye doctors not interested its nothing to them i wish the would put some in to researching as that many people got in uk and they dont put no money in it. i been 100 times to the eye clinic and every single eye doctor has a different prospective of what causes the problems in my eyes and what to do ... never the same its the corneal ulcers that hurt

Comment

Working...
      X