Dermatologists for MGD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dermatologists for MGD?

Has anyone seen a dermatologist for chronic posterior bleph - as opposed to an OD or an allergist?

I can't imagine they would have any tricks up their sleeves other than a doxy Rx, but I'd love to hear from anyone who went this route with feelings/opinions.

(I'm asking about experiences with derms re: chronic posterior bleph/MGD only - thanks)

Thanks,
    Rob

I have blepheritis for the past 3 years. FOr the first 6 months I went to multiple opthamologists I would say 40 apts in that time. One of the eye doctors said I was the worst case he had seen in someone so young. I tried all the regular treatment for that and the dry eye which was caused from the bleph. I just kept getting worse. So then I went to the gp,allergist,dermatologist,neurologist,rheumatolog ist etc. The derm dx me with seborehic dermititis. I was rx shampoo with steriod in it and also some face cream. At one time my skin was shedding from being so dry. The skin is at a lot better place. Now after I went back to the eye docs they felt the shampoo and cream may help the eyes cause it is absorbed through the body. Also some other derm conditions can cause bleph so if you treat that it helps the bleph. I am not sure if this treatment helped mine or it has been more about time. I still have flares and the pain but sometimes worse then others. I can say what has not helped like a lot of the meds I was put on and when they drained them actually made it worse. Keeping my eyes cleaned with the steri lid foam is very key and not too much playing around with my eyes. Everything in moderation even preservative free drops.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, Gina. Glad to hear you are doing better and embracing a moderate approach to dealing with your problems.

Comment

I have chronic bleph/ mgd. One of the many opths I went to did tell me at one point that my problem is dermatological ( ocular rosacea) and I should see my derm. I was already on doxy from the eye doc so my derm said I was already taking the medication to treat it. I also went to an allergist and he gave me cream usually used for psorasis, to put on my eyelids. Which I was confused about, didn't make sense I don't have psorasis. When I filled the script it clearly said DO NOT USE IN OR AROUND THE EYES. I didnt want to risk it, so I never used it. He also gave me hydrocortisone cream it only irritated my eyelids more.

Comment

Working...
        X