Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blepharitis.

I did refractory surgury 2.5 years ago.
    After a lot of suffering, I was lately diagnosed with blepharitis.
    My doctor says I have an infection in the meibomian glands.
    I feel pain, itchy and I have dry eyes.
    My eyelid appearance is normal to me.
    I am suffering a lot.
    I had 2 weeks of blephamid drops( steroids + antibacterial), and now for a week and half syntomicine antibaterial cream in the night.
    I also do hot compresses twice a day.
    I feel improvement.
    Questions:
    From searching I found that blepharitis from infection is usually caused by bacteria in the base of the eyelashes, and not in the glands so I am confused.
    Also my doctor said I dont need the clean the eyelids, and that the hot compresses are enough, and I dont understand why.
    Also what should I expect and it becomes a chronic stage, how painfull and disturbing it should be?

Good Question- Blepharitis

Hi jivgil:

Must be frustrating to have blepharitis. Besides inflammation and potential infections of your eye lids, the meibomian glands are often involved. Using warm compress helps to loosen up any clogging that the meibomian glands may have, gently massage the upper and lower lids after warm compress help loosen the clogs. It would be helpful to determine if your meibomian glands are involved.

In a lot of cases, people with blepharitis also have rosacea, dandruff, besides potential bacterial and viral infections. Belpharitis does then to recur. The steroid and anti-inflammatory drops are the treatment of choice. Some steroid drops may not be used long term due to side effects.

Hope this is helpful
    Dr. Lily C. Yang
    TheraLife Inc
    101 N. First Street, Suite 287
    Los Altos, CA 94022
    1-877-917-1989 toll free US
    (650) 949-6080 International

Comment

Symptomes continue

I have MGD.
      Obviously the meibomian glands are involved, because I have dry eyes.
      2 weeks blephamid, 1 month synthomicyne cream hot compresses.
      There has been improvement, but I still suffer a lot.
      I wake up in the night a few times, and have dry eyes.
      I feel irritation in the eyelids.
      I am not sure if this the only reason for my dry eyes, though my doctor thinks it is.
      Is there anything more I could do?
      I saw that there are other antybiotic eyedrops, such as azithromycin.

Comment

Working...
      X