Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what to use on dry skin under eyelids???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to use on dry skin under eyelids???

i have only found a few suggestions on here on what to use on dry skin under the eyes.... jojoba and emu oil... Can anyone suggest anything else? i have tried different eye creams... some dont seem to do anything and some seem to be so greasy they migrate into my eyes ( which causes a new problem)..
    i would appreciate any and all feedback..thanks everyone!!
    Jenny

I've used Vaseline before and that seems to help.

Comment

I use Vanicream Lite Lotion most of the time. If I need something more I use Refresh PM ointment, I just pat, pat, pat it around and blot if too greasy.
      (I started using this ointment when I had a leftover tube after quitting using it 'in' my eyes, I figured it would be safe to use 'around' them).

Comment

i started using vasoline and it helps tremendously.thanks for the advise
        Jenny

Comment

Hi im from the uk & i use clinique all about eyes which is like a gel.It doesn't seem to migrate & its fragrance free so doesn't irritate

Comment

I will try to use vaseline on under my eyes and see if it helps..

Does it have positive effects on MGD?

Comment

no it doesn't help with MGD.. just helps with the dryness on the skin
              Jenny

Comment

Just adding my two cents.

I cannot use any cosmetic products around my eyes because of my constant dermatitis. However, because of the dermatitis, I need to keep that area moist to treat the dryness.

I am adding myself to the above endorsements of Vaseline. I have used it regularly on the skin around my eyes for years. I find that it works great and has the added benefit of being very economical.

Scout

Comment

I use Cetaphil lotion on a daily basis. If I'm exceptionally dry, I will use the Cetaphil lotion with a few drops of jojoba oil mixed in. While I have used straight jojoba oil before, I find the combination actually seems to work better. I don't find the combination to be greasy and it seems to absorb well.

I use Vanicream Lite lotion every so often as well. It doesn't seem to irritate my eyes.

Comment

Working...
                  X