what causes anterior blepharitis and what to do about it? help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what causes anterior blepharitis and what to do about it? help

I have sjogrens and MGD.. last month i was also diagnosed with anterior blepharitis and used Tobradex ointment on my eyelashes for 7 days-it cleared up ( the flakiness and itchiness did).. I do daily warm compresses and am on cyclosporine .2% as well as doxy 200mg daily.. I feel like the anterior blepharitis might be coming back but i can never tell if it is flakes from drops or the blepharitis. Is this something that gets out of control for awhile, clears up and then comes back again? I am just interested in hearing what other people who suffer with this do to help keep it under control..

also, i was told by the doctor that eye creams and vasoline and eye makeup don't cause blepahritis either.. (i havent worn any eyemakeup since this began) and I have to use vasoline on my lids and under my eyes (I dont get near the lash line).. help!!
    Jenny

i also use the ocusoft wipes..anyway i guess no one really knows what causes it.. i will have to try and get more info from my doc..
    Jenny

Comment

There is a good article at this link about causes of bleph.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

hey jenny,I have mgd, ded and posterior bleph. I also take 100 mg doxy. Can u tell me for how long are u takeing 200 mg?Does it causes yeast infection at the 200 mg. sorry,I dont have much info for your question, but i feel ur pain.
        Originally posted by jenny2008 View Post
        I have sjogrens and MGD.. last month i was also diagnosed with anterior blepharitis and used Tobradex ointment on my eyelashes for 7 days-it cleared up ( the flakiness and itchiness did).. I do daily warm compresses and am on cyclosporine .2% as well as doxy 200mg daily.. I feel like the anterior blepharitis might be coming back but i can never tell if it is flakes from drops or the blepharitis. Is this something that gets out of control for awhile, clears up and then comes back again? I am just interested in hearing what other people who suffer with this do to help keep it under control..

also, i was told by the doctor that eye creams and vasoline and eye makeup don't cause blepahritis either.. (i havent worn any eyemakeup since this began) and I have to use vasoline on my lids and under my eyes (I dont get near the lash line).. help!!

Comment

hey there.. i have been on doxy 200 mg for about 2.5 years.. a few times i stepped down and took the slow release at 40mg but i would get super clogged up in my glands and have to go back on the dose of 200. I haven't gotten any yeast infections or other infections from it...i hope this helps!
          Jenny

Comment

thanks Rebecca for the link. This whole thing is so confusing .. you would think that after dealing with this for 4 years i would know what is what but it seems like us 'dry eye' folks get new 'surprises' all the time.. lucky us... o well..
            we are lucky to have you and this site though. i thank you
            Jenny

Comment

jenny2008 - Have you ever heard of Eye Love? Theyspecialize in Dry Eye, blepharitis and eyelid hygiene and constantly post FREE educational information regarding eye health. Here's a great article on blepharitis specifically - https://eyelovethesun.com/blogs/dry-...or-blepharitis

Comment

Working...
              X