Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can too hot of a compress make your eye super dry for the day???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can too hot of a compress make your eye super dry for the day???

my left eye has been so dry today-usually both of my eyes are dry at the same time as i have sjogrens... i was just curious as i noticed a little part of my upper left lid is a tad red--i am thinking i went too hot again on my compress near the eyeball--i was curious if anyone had ever done that and in turn gotten really dry eye(s) for the day from too much heat???

please respond.. thank you so so so much..dont know what i would do w/o this board!!!
    thanks
    jenny
    Jenny

I suspect that too much heat can make my eyes MORE dry as well... seems if I just keep the heat level to very warm, I'm ok... but if it's HOT, my eyes seem to get more dry...

Comment

I didn't see this thread before I posted mine. I was just asking about the same thing. My eyes feel worse this week since I started with the compresses again. It is hard to know how warm to make them. It seems like if they aren't warm enough they would not help very much. Too warm, maybe that is the problem. I don't know.

dryeyes2

Comment

hey there.. i am so glad youjust posted this... I have sjogrens so normally when my eyes get dry both get dry at the same time (sometimes one is worse ) but after yesterday-i believe i went too hot on my left eye and it is still flared up a bit.... when i only use warm i do better... i use the eyeco gel inserts you microwave and one tends to get hotter than the other... i also have a red small bump on my upper right lid near the last line-that happened afterward as well. so i def think i went too hot and i belive it not only irritated my eyelid skin but my actual eyeball... with sjogrens a flare with the eyes results in both eyes...

all my plugs are in tact and the surface of my eyes look good..

so the same thing has happened to you? you went too hot and now your eyes feel more dry than before??/ gosh i guess i just have to wait til the infammation subsides.. it is so uncomfortable... i guess too much of a 'good thing' is too mcuh..keep me posted on your eyes... nice to meet you .
        Jenny

Comment

There are times I feel similar to what you are talking about. For me if it's too hot, then I can't keep in on my face as it hurts the skin. Do you warm yours for the same length every time? I warm mine for about 44 seconds and it's warm enough to not hurt my skin, but it stays warm for about 10 minutes.

On the other side if I stop doing it for a couple days, then my eyes get dryer. There is a fine line from too hot or not doing it enough.

Comment

hey jenny, I also feel more dry if i do hot rather than warm. also the lids get more red. try to do some cold comp maybe makes u feel better.

Comment

thanks bp..i am going to try a cold compress right now... it is just this darn left eye..my right is fine. and they both look fine.. so that is why i don't think its from my sjogrens... ughhh.. going to try the cold now.thanks!!
              Jenny

Comment

Working...
              X