IS IT THE Lubricating drops that make my throat hard to swallow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IS IT THE Lubricating drops that make my throat hard to swallow

I suffer from blepharitis which causes dry eye, I do warm compresses which help and along with Blink lubricating drops every 2hours have helped make my eyes feel 90% better.

I have been putting the eye drops every 2hours for the last 3weeks and the last 2days I have been finding it hard to swallow...........like something is stuck in my throat. I understand the eye drops must drain into my throat causing this issue.

I am wondering has anyone else had this problem?
    I'm concerned because its only recent that the combination of drops n compresses has given me relief after 3years.

P.S. I bought Optive preservative free drops today to see if this will help

Do you have any other symptoms like pain in your face, jaw or teeth or headaches or neck pain? Any sign of allergies?
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Do you have plugs? I was having the same problem - not as severe but I would go into coughing fits when I used eye drops. After I got all four plugs this did not happen. You must be careful when putting in the drops with plugs because they tend to drip down the side of your face otherwise. You will need to sit down and rest your eyes for a minute or so to let them absorb. Once they drip down your face you are wasting them

Comment

Having a hard time swallowing is a symptom that can be caused by many different things---some very minor but some quite serious.

Please see your doctor to rule out any of the more serious possibilities.

Scout

Comment

thanks for all your feedback i narrowed the problem down to something i was eating so easily fixed. Silly me

Comment

Working...
          X