Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what happens to our bleph afer afew years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what happens to our bleph afer afew years?

I like to ask people who had moderate to sever belph for afew years what has happened to them? I was looking on the internet and I read scary thing on it like the eyelid turn toward inside the eye or outside and it needs surgery. damage to cornea or miss directionall eye lashes whish I allready have after 18 monthes. or loss of eye lahes or gettting scar tissue. I feel so scared since I read those things , I feel I have a horrible future. how about the eyesight? thanks.

As long as you get the inflammation under control it will improve. I had it pretty bad for 3 years and have now had it for a total of 7 years and right now my eyes feel better than at anytime throughout the last 7 years. My doctor says my eyes look really good too. Although they don't feel that way all the time. If you can get your condition under control I don't see any reason why your eyes will continue to get worse.

Comment

thanks for ur reply, what does it mean keeping it under control? does that mean the gland work like a normal person? ( sorry if this is a stupid question).does the lid thickness ever goes down? thanks dave.

Comment

What I mean is just try to keep the inflammation under control. You can do this through medication (anti-inflammatory eye drops), cold compresses, etc. You also need to make sure that allergies are not causing a big problem as well.

You are absolutely right when you say try to keep the glands working as normal as possible. Do this by lid hygiene and manual expression of the glands.

My lids are still thicker than they used to be. I know they have improved a lot, but they are definitely not back to normal. I'm not sure if this goes away or not. Hopefully when they find a cure they will.

Comment

thanks dave. you are a big help.

Comment

Working...
          X