Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meibomian Gland dysfunction treatment - worse before it gets better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meibomian Gland dysfunction treatment - worse before it gets better?

Hi everybody,

My doctor diagnosed me with mild MGD a couple days ago and he recommended doing the usual warm compress, lid scrubs, and massage for it. He also said to use Systane Balance which I haven't tried before. In the past two days though it seems as though the symptoms feel worse than normal. My eyes are wet but they kind of feel dry and like I have to squint. Really hard to describe. I also have convergence insufficiency which I know can cause symptoms similar to ocular surface problems. Right now I just do warm compresses at night for like 10 minutes and then put the systane in. Anybody else have this same type of thing before. Just makes it hard to continue with the treatment when it feels like its making it worse than normal.

Thanks

One more thing I forgot to mention is that whenever I do warm compresses on my eyes they get this feeling the next day. The squinting feeling like your eyes are exposed or something. I can see and feel moisture but it still feels like that.

Comment

I have a problem tolerating any sort of artificial tears, even unpreserved ones; it took me quite a while to realise they were making the problem worse rather than better. If the irritation doesn't improve after a few days, try omitting the drops and see if it helps.

Comment

yeah i think its one or the other. either its the warm compress or the drops. i'm more inclined to think its the compress though because i switched drops but not the compress and i have the same problem. i'm going to cut out the warm compress for like 3 days (hope thats long enough to give a realistic experiment) to see if thats what was causing the issue. if not then ill have to see if its the drops

Comment

Working...
        X