Ocular Rosacea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocular Rosacea

I haven't been diagnosed with it but I can't help but wonder if I have it. My doctor has told me I have posterior blepharitis and a number of things, including Sjogren's (which I do NOT have but I think that's his easy way out basically) but not ocular rosacea. I wonder because I was diagnosed with mild (facial) rosacea in my teens. I haven't had a bad case in years but I do have a prescription for Metrogel and use it when my skin is looking like I might have a breakout. I'm also very fair, light eyes, etc, etc.

How does a doctor know if you have it? I was reading someone else's post that his / her previous doctors had missed it but she / he was now diagnosed with it. I don't want to jump to conclusions but if I do have it, I don't want to ignore it when it comes to treatment.

Hi there - posterior bleph here too & although no eye doc or derm has diagnosed me with OR (they each say the other is the one to give a proper diagnosis) I assume I do since I too have very mild facial symptoms. As far as I know there's not much that can be done even if you are diagnosed with it unfortunately.

Comment

I was diagnosed with all kinds of different things from many different doctors. Your best bet on getting a better diagnosis is by going to one of the eye pain/tear film experts in the country. I only know of one doctor that seems to truly investigate the problem and then is very resourceful in treating it.

I have met good doctors, but they're either biased and jump to conclusions too easy or they are trying to write prescriptions or sell you procedures. For instance, this one doctor thinks every general drypainful mgd patient is due to demodex mites. Or another doctor I went to only really does IPL. its always the answer according to him, even though the first 7 months of doing it didnt work lol.

Comment

demodex mites? What are those?

Comment

From Wikipedia: Demodex is a genus of tiny parasitic mites that live in or near hair follicles of mammals.

Comment

Working...
          X