scratch feeling in eye- but i dont think anything is in it?? help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scratch feeling in eye- but i dont think anything is in it?? help

i just got back from the doc. they said the surface of my eyes look good.etc.. got some of my glands expressed.. doc said pollen is makingmy allergies bad and therefore my eyes etc.

i have been rubbing my one eye and now it really feels like there is something in it. i have gone through about 10 vials of drops!! i dont see anything in it.. it is possible that my constant rubbing has irritated an eye that was just simply dry???? please help.thanks so much
    Jenny

Allergic papillae?

This happens to me in my left eye. I have papillary conjunctivitis ( very mild giant papillary conjuntivitis, I think also called vernal conjunctivitis). When my papillae rub agaist my sclera, it gets all inflamed and hurts for a while. Gel, cold compress, leaving it alone - all seem to work. Worst case scenario - steroid ointment. But if you are like me, you have used enough steroids in your life already.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

jenny,
      It is possible something was in it and the rubbing caused a slight scratch on the cornea. What was initially in was washed out by the drops and now the ocular surface is damaged. I would try keeping the eye closed and cold compress.

Comment

thanks everyone.. it feels better this morning so I am not sure if there was something in it, whether it was just from allergies as suggested above... but i am most certain my constant rubbing made it worse... yikes!! hopefully today it won't do this again. thank you !!!
        Jenny

Comment

Hi, this happens to me from time to time also, sometimes I will have one of those tiny clear bumps on my eyelid margin and popping that can fix the problem, other times I don't know what's going on, it can become so intense that the only thing that helps is putting in some gel and going to sleep for a hour or so, every time this has happened it has been all better when I awaken. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
          X