MGD Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGD Help!

So after treating every other possible eye condition without any comfort improvement, I finally saw a doctor who made a diagnosis that kind of fit with the symptoms, MGD.

After talking with the doctor, I did some more research on MGD, read through many of the archived threads and what not, and kind of came up with a treatment plan.

My question is, does anyone have any experience with the MG Expressor Kit (http://www.guldenophthalmics.com/ccp7/MG-Expressor-Kit). I do warm compresses 2 to 3 times a day and try massage the glands after, but don't feel like I do a great job with the massage. I was wondering if this would make it easier.

Also, my doctor was pretty pessimistic regarding my future with contact lenses. Problem is I am a college baseball player and I essentially HAVE to wear contacts while playing ball. Does anyone have any information on contact lens use and MGD?

Thanks again,

I purchased the kit you mentioned above and I use other methods of warm compress / expression instead of the kit.

Comment

I also own the kit. But I found that NOT touching my lids works best for me. Anything I do for MGD that involves touching/manipulating the lids (warm/hot compresses, expression/massage, lid hygiene with scrubs, etc.) makes me worse. It's a very individual thing.

I'm curious why you can't wear a good, fitted pair of moisture chamber glasses while playing baseball? I found that wearing moisture chambers (aka climate control) goggles or glasses to be the BEST treatment for dry eyes/MGD. I've seen basketball players wearing this type of thing (I'm not a sports person so I don't know names).

Good luck with this.

Comment

Working...
      X