Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermoeyes and low-dose doxycycline kit- help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermoeyes and low-dose doxycycline kit- help?

Hi all
    I was wondering if anyone could help me with my treatment with MGD. The newest eye doctor I went to to set me up with Alrex eye drops and FML ointment for the corners of my eyes for 2 weeks before. These were a mild steriod drop but they only gave me a little comfort, not much. Now just 2 days ago, he told me to stop the drops and he instead put 2 punctal plugs in and set me up with a kit called the Alodox kit. Has anyone had any expirience with this?
    The main trouble i'm having is with the Thermoeyes goggles. When I put them on last night for 15 minutes, they seemed to irritate my eyes alot more when I took them off. Has anyone had problems with goggles? Also, the kit includes 20 mg of doxycycline and the doctor wants me to take that for about 4 weeks and see him again. Is 20 mg enough to make any improvement what-so-ever???
    Additionally, the kit also comes with Ocusoft premoistened wipes and a Ocusoft foaming lid scrub. If anyone had any feedback it'd be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

Originally posted by mary108 View Post
    Hi all
    I was wondering if anyone could help me with my treatment with MGD. The newest eye doctor I went to to set me up with Alrex eye drops and FML ointment for the corners of my eyes for 2 weeks before. These were a mild steriod drop but they only gave me a little comfort, not much. Now just 2 days ago, he told me to stop the drops and he instead put 2 punctal plugs in and set me up with a kit called the Alodox kit. Has anyone had any expirience with this?
    The main trouble i'm having is with the Thermoeyes goggles. When I put them on last night for 15 minutes, they seemed to irritate my eyes alot more when I took them off. Has anyone had problems with goggles? Also, the kit includes 20 mg of doxycycline and the doctor wants me to take that for about 4 weeks and see him again. Is 20 mg enough to make any improvement what-so-ever???
    Additionally, the kit also comes with Ocusoft premoistened wipes and a Ocusoft foaming lid scrub. If anyone had any feedback it'd be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!
    I use the Ocusoft foaming lid scrub and have used the pads. The pads seemed to irritate my eyes so I stuck with the foam. I use it whenever I do compresses and whenever I wash my face. It's very good in keeping the eyelids/eyelashes clean in my opinion. I haven't used the thermoeyes so I can't comment on that but if it is the heat that is irritating your eyes, it's because heat can induce inflammation. I have the same problem with warm compresses..it exacerbates my eyelids and eyes so I have to follow with cold compresses. Maybe give that a shot?

Comment

Originally posted by mary108 View Post
      The main trouble i'm having is with the Thermoeyes goggles. When I put them on last night for 15 minutes, they seemed to irritate my eyes alot more when I took them off. Has anyone had problems with goggles?
      Some people get skin irritation from the foam of the goggle. One thing you might try is holding the thermoeyes directly on your lids.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
      X