Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

never had dandruff or any of the "causes", sudden posterior blepharitis and MGD

Originally posted by skygoddess View Post
    I think it is a first chicken? or egg ? condition. probably if you have one, you probably do, or will develop the other. Also once I asked my Dr was my blepharitis bacterial or seborrhea in nature ? He said blepharitis is always bacterial. Well maybe so, but after two years of treatment and not a lot of improvement, I decided to treat it as seborrhea and bacterial, and finally saw some improvement. I had never had acne or dandruff, so I had just assumed it was only bacterial, but it was both.
    I use a super magnifying mirror and a eyebrow wand brush to remove all the flaky stuff from my lashes every morning. I use a tar shampoo, and have had great results with dermablend long wear remover and face wash. It cleans all the built up mgd secretions from my face and lashes, where the bacterial growth take place.
    ___
    Hi,
    I hear you. I've NEVER had dandruff or any of the other "CAUSES" listed for posterior blepharitis. Have no idea why I was FINE in June and couldn't keep my eyes open by July 2014. NONE of these "CAUSES" apply to me: Age (44), menopause (no), eye injury, Contact lens wear, Medication side effects (same allergy meds for 13 years), Surgery side effects (LASIK, PRK, RK etc), Surgery side effects (cosmetic eyelid surgery), Surgery side effects (cataract or elective lens implant), Surgery side effects (medically necessary), Radiation and/or chemotherapy, Sjogren's (test was negative), rheumatoid arthritis or lupus, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, Graft-vs-host disease, auto-immune (bad allergies for years, not new, extreme allergy prevention measures in home), Diabetes, Graves or other thyroid disease, Bell's palsy, Genetic (?: 70+ dad has dandruff & blepharitis). I am very BAFFLED why I suddenly got this. I did feel good in the beginning, when I thought this was just an eye infection & I took a short 7 day antibiotic eye drop. My current dr. refuses to give me any antibiotics at all. (why?) Second dr. says it's extreme, chronic, dry eye, MGD, no oil or water in tears. Ready to see a 3rd dr. at this point. (corneal) I've gone down the demodex / seborrhea road now. (sterilid eye wash has tea tree oil & paul mitchell tea tree shampoo). It seems to mildly help. Having to do warm/ HOT/scalding compresses about 8 times a day. after 1 pm, I cannot see without compresses and blocking off 1 eye at a time to "heal" it. Desperate & new to this world. have 2 little kids I have to WATCH. SAHM. cannot lie around with hot compresses when they have homework, sports practices etc. my 6 yr old might burn the house down while I'm doing this compress stuff!
    *** How could I be fine in June and suddenly get this extreme condition without ANY of the usual causes?? Any of you who never had dandruff or surgery or contacts?? please help me. thanks, suzy

Comment

Working...
    X