Appearance of meibum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appearance of meibum

I can tell that my meibomian glands are excreting more liquid as I can now see the liquid pooling out of the orifices. At first it looks clear, however, as it spreads onto my lids and into the area behind the lid, it looks pinkish and it seems to shimmer. I just started to notice this development about a week ago. . . about the same time that I started to notice more liquid coming out of the glands. I never did have yellow or tooth paste like secretions. . . not sure what to make of this new discovery.

Does anyone else notice this appearance of meibum after compress and gland expression? Can anyone comment on what this might mean?

Thanks!

Perhaps what you are seeing is the shimmer and colors like you see in an oil slick. I don't see the colors in mine (that may just be because of the lighting) but I do see the shimmer of the oil.

I've never had the toothpaste like meibum either, what little I have is clear and thin.

Comment

Hi magoo,

Thanks for your feedback. I think the pinkish colour could be a reflection from the pink of the lids. I'm glad someone else sees a shimmer . . . I think it must be the oil. I am guessing this is a good sign because I there was a time that I did not see any secretions or oil shimmer. . . And my eyes are feeling somewhat better.

How are your eyes through the night? What do you use for nighttime relief?

Thanks

Comment

I've been expressing my lower eyelids in the last couple of days. The liquid that comes out brings some opacity in my vision (that goes away after some blinks). It makes my eyes feeling healthy for some time (i can't say how much time yet). But when I express the eyelids for the second time in a day, i think less liquid comes out.

Comment

Working...
        X