Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyelid moisturizer

Hi everyone,
    I have blepharitis that had blocked oil glands at the base of my eyelashes..but latley my eyelids and eyelashes have been dry and I need a good moisturizer or cleansing method that would clean the lids but also not dehydrate them...i tried a little vaseline before but that clogged the follicles more...I was debating on trying an oil cleansing method...any suggestions?? thank you!

I would like to know about a good eyelid moisturizer as well!! I have quit using ointments as I think they add to eyelid irritation. I think I have read about someone using jojoba oil.

I do put some castor oil around my eyelids. It is supposed to be anti-inflammatory.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Comment

ive ordered castor oil as i heard its good for wrinkles andmoisturizing
      Jenny

Comment

havent gotten the castor oil yet--but its on its way.. and i would think since its in restasis it shouldnt clog the glands.. i do use vasoline but not up to the lash line as i dont want it in my eyes either for fear it could block the mgds.
        Jenny

Comment

I'm currently using "tearsagain" spray for moisture around my eyelids. It seems to be doing the job.

Comment

I guess "Tears Again" isnt for everyone because I also tried that and hated it...maybe I'll buy some castor or jojoba oil..please let me know if these things work for you!

Comment

I brought some castor oil recently and set aside some time to use. Popped it lightly around the eyelids and not too heavily.
              Unfortunately I suspect that it has not been not only hepfull but caused them to water, not in the desired way either. Gave it another few go's at space intervals, again got an overall unhelpfull reaction. Felt a little disapointed as I believed that it was going to be the way forward. I tried natural vit e oil back last october and noticed relief for a few days but then the watering and irritation began, plus it irritated my skin.
              Very annoying as cannot find anything offers prolonged relief. Did I not read on here that Jojoba oil really irritated someones eyes on here recently? Might just be one of my eye dreams though!!!!!!!
              The odd thing I noticed once in 2010 during my last long flare. I injured my skull and bled profusely all over my eyes, the blood flowed into them freely and I fancy that they were a little better after that. I then went onto enjoy a remission for a year or so, I put it down to the cyclosporin but that is no longer working.
              Odd what can help but sometimes things might be a coincidence.
              Lulu x

Comment

Hi lulu

I tried castor oil and the same happened to me , my eyes really watered and started to go very red

I have tried almond oil mixed with jojoba and that seems to help, also I'm going try coconut oil tonite as its anti inflammatory as well as very good for the skin

To be honest I'm up for tryin anything

Mario
                "Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

Comment

hey guys.. i tried castor oil too-so thick..ughh-and everytime it burned my eyes after several miinutes=i guess it oozed down into them.. same thing happened with jojoba oil so for now im sticking to my regular eye creams and then just Aquafor on the eyelids-it is so thick that is doesnt go into the eye... the oil is BAD!!!!
                  Last edited by jenny2008; 07-Feb-2012, 19:04.
                  Jenny

Comment

Damn I woke up today and had crinkly eyelids..mmm I'm wondering if its the cucumber slices are firming my eyelid skin too much ?

I have noticed eyelids are not so swollen since being a bit more aggressive with boring eyelid maintenance , but possibly they could be looking more crinkly and lined due to the constant inflating and deflating of my upper eyelids..a bit like if you blow up a balloon and then deflate it ..it go,s all wrinkly..ahhhhaaaaa!

I just need to find a cream that can nourish and firm up the skin from all the swelling it's been taking, but am also aware that a lot of creams could migrate into the eye and cause even more problems??

I have the following try:

Coconut oil
                    E45 white soft paraffin
                    Witch hazel
                    "Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

Comment

For the past week I've been trying olive oil every other day and I think its pretty good...at least for now. BUT I don't just apply it and go to bed..I get a small amount on my index fingers and rub it on the eyelid. Then I take a warm wash cloth and drape it over my eyes for a couple minutes and splash water on them. There is still some oil on them and I go to bed because its lightly moisturized and wash it off in the morning...So far its been working! But I'm not at risk for any infection with olive oil am I ???

Comment

CeraVe

I have been using CeraVe products per my dermatologist's recommendation. They don't irritate my eyes and keep my skin (and eyelids) moisturized.
                        Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

http://www.spectrum-thea.co.uk/Apps/...nt.aspx?fid=11

Comment

Working...
                          X