This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I was told I have bleph and mgd, and like you, i do compresses and lid hygeine and am sick of the constant line used by eye docs that i am not doing enough lid cleaning or compresses to control the bleph or mgd. Also its not easy trying to clean the top lid glands and I wouldnt be in this mess if it wasnt for a certain doc! I think when they have no advice to give and dont know what to do they spin you the old line: 'its your fault because you arent doing enough..../or the right...', treatments.

Comment

I gave up on trying to make a tree oil shampoo mixture and found Sterilid (by Thera Tears)...It has tree tea oil in it and works wonderfully!!! Get it a Walgrens or CVS....

Comment

Dear Dave,

A friend and myself have been able to kill Blepharits. We used 2 different products with Benzethonium Chloride in it. My friend used a facial scrub and I used WET ONES, antibacterial hand wipes, in the red box.
        I was told by someone in the UK they asked their Chemist and he was going to order him something with Benzethonium Chloride in it. I think it was a facial cream, not sure.
        If you know someone in the US they can mail you some as very reasonable.
        I tore each wipe into 8 sections and used 2 on each eyelash area 4 times a day for a week and a half. I then went down to 3 times a day (eyes felt so much better) for a month. After that, I went down to 2 times a day for several months. It itched once or twice after that and I jumped on with the wipes for a day or two and all gone.
        Please remember 2 people using 2 different products both with Benzethonium Chloride in it have killed this off.
        Hope this information helps you.
        LyndaT

Comment

Hi there,

Please view this info from a person who is stable now from blepharitis. She explains everything she did in her post. Please view:
          http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...0179#post90179
          All the best of luck.

Charles

Originally posted by Davecon1 View Post
          Hello from London UK.

I have been recently diagnosed as having blepharitis. The condition came on almost overnight (I've never had any eye problems and I'm 42 now) and initially my eyes felt very gritty and then started to water.

The NHS happily informed me that the condition was chronic and would never ever go away but could be kept in check by good lid hygiene. I'm not sure if it was a coincidence but I also found out that I had Hashimotos Thyroiditis a couple of weeks before this and had become incredibly stressed as a result. My results were considered 'normal' except my high antibodies and low adrenal function and have no lack of energy. I'm male so thyroid issues are considered quite rare although my father has Sjogrens (my initial tests were negative).

Since that point in time it has been a complete emotional roller coaster and despite my best to practice good lid hygiene I fail to be get anywhere. Right now my left eyelid is red and inflamed and always has a mini crust that I have to remove with a q-tip. Each alternate week I seem to have a new stye and my eyelashes continue to fall out. Of course my lid margins are also red although one eye seems to be much better than the other (right eye). Part of me thinks that I am poking around so much that I am making the problem worse!

So far I have tried:

occusoft extra
          lid-care (the foam seems to irritate my eyes)
          blephasol
          blephagel (very soothing at night)
          baby shampoo (irriates my eyes)
          castor oil (trying at present)
          colloidal silver spray
          baking soda dissolved in water
          hot compress (dries out my eyes and skin)

Any time I have visited the Doctor or eye clinic they say that my margins are crusty despite the fact I use a q-tip every few hours to clean them. Apparently it is both posterior and anterior but as yet my eyes are not dry and are rarely bloodshot or stuck together.

I do not believe in coincidences so think this condition is linked back to my thyroid and hormone levels (and stress of course) and/or possibly some form of allergy. I've also noticed that I am getting dry skin rashes and unless I shave every day my stubble is full of debris.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be the cause and how best to treat it? I do not believe this is chronic but it's just a key of unlocking the right sequence to fight it.

Comment

Working...
          X