This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Tucson went to Cedars Sinai-Heres what I found out

I just drove round trip to LA because I wasn't happy with the eye care I was getting in Tucson. Heres my background. Chronic dry eye sufferer, blepharitis, bottom plugs.
    I have seen 4 opthomologists and a number of optometrists in Tucson since 2008.
    I booked an appointment with an opthomologist who is a member of the American Eye Institute at Cedars. I told him that about two months ago I had collagen plugs put in and after about two weeks my eyes began to hurt. When I went back to the doc in Tucson, he said they should last six months and blew me off. ( The doc at Cedars said no way! Those collagen plugs last 7-10 days MAX!) I've had every kind of drop, gel, and creme prescribed in Tucson except the one the guy at Cedars gave me. and besides both of your corneas have multiple abrasions. My wife was in the examining room and he let her look in the scope.
    No wonder I was in agony! He put in two permanent plugs in the lowers with little mushroom like tops and told me to use GenTeal Eye Gel overnight and see him in the morning. Thankfully by the next day the abrasions had healed. He said it would take 24 hours. He then prescribed Tobradex 2X a day for the Bleph and along with warm compresses and eye lid massage. He said they should be feeling better is six weeks when I have another appointment with him. I'll keep you posted.
    In all the times I've seen Tucson doctors for dry eye, I never remember any of them examining my corneas with that blue light, nor giving me a Schirmer (a 3) test like this doc did. Moral of the story: See an acknowledged expert.
    Last edited by Cabut; 10-Jun-2012, 10:43.
    Cabut
    65yr.old male, Arizona resident.
Working...
X