This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new tool, possibly helpful for MGD

I have been going to IPL with Dr. Toyos for two years, and my improvement has been subtle but slowly I have come a long way. My eyes are much better now, albeit not perfect.

Anyway, recently Dr. T has recommended a tool for maintenance for his patients. I cannot speak for its safety, any long terms effects, etc. I cannot speak for Dr. T on the matter.

I'll just say with my personal experience, this tool feels a lot like a warm compress to me. I can feel the oils come out immediately. It feels helpful, and is good to get the skin healed and glands running- not sure about long term effects.

It is called the Tanda Luxe. This is a red light therapy treatment that is typically used to get rid of wrinkles around the eyes, if you check out the website it explains how it works. Besides IPL, Dr. T uses microdermabrasion and this new product to help promote MGD healing. Dr. T has asked me to get off the steroidal drops I was taking post treatment and use this instead. It is not cheap, at $180, but it should last 2000 treatments. I like the convenience and the fact that I don't take steroidal drops anymore. I use it at home 3 minutes every night before bed.

Please keep us posted on your progress in regards to the IPL and Tanda Lux.

Comment

Originally posted by tennisiu View Post
      Please keep us posted on your progress in regards to the IPL and Tanda Lux.
      I second that.

Comment

Are you keeping your eyes close..to fell increase dryness after treatment even with close eyes...

Comment

Could you send a link to the product you use ?

Comment

Working...
          X