Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what dose of Doxy do you take for maintenance of mgd?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what dose of Doxy do you take for maintenance of mgd?

my glands always get clogged not matter how often i get the doc to express them, im on doxy 200mg a day for the rosacea as well and i take a high grade fish oil that costs about $60 a month..

i want to go down on the doxy as i dont think its doing much and know its not good for me. in the past when i was with Dr. Foulks he had me try Oracea -which i think was 40mg a day.. after a few weeks my eyes were so much worse i went back to the 100mg 2x per day.. i have been on this for years...

just curious as to what most of the people with MGD take for a dosage of Doxy???
    Jenny

Jenny,

I have mild mgd and the dr prescribed 50 mg. I admit I only took it for a month and didn't notice a difference and stopped. Maybe I didn't give it enough time. Just remember to take a probiotic. The better ones are refrigerated. My opinion is take an antibiotic long term if it helps. Also, I have heard they can compound doxy into an eye drop. I have a very painful condition on top of dry eye and wonder is this what my life is dealing with "me."

Comment

Hi Jenny,

I take 100mg of doxy once a day and am going to be on it for the next 5-6 months. Is it working? lol I think maybe yes?? I have clear oil flowing through each gland that I can see and my doc says my oily layer isn't our main concern anymore. I now have an aqueous deficiency and my eyes have pretty much stopped producing tears so I am using Lotemax to get rid of the inflammation on my surface and restasis. My doctor told me to use the Lotemax sparingly (which I see no point in, i'd rather use it everyday until the inflammation goes down then stop) The restasis is slowly getting better but I've only been on it for two weeks, I've never stuck with it long enough so it can work, but I've read a lot of information on how "its supose" to help with the surface inflammation which I havent been able to get back down yet....

Comment

Working...
      X