This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need ice packs for eyes!

I have MGD and what has been a lifesaver is applying ice packs to my eyes.

The trouble is, the only ones that worked for me were Earth Therapeutics gel eye masks that I would put in the freezer and the gel would actually freeze. However, ET now only makes the masks with bead insert material that does not get as cold and fit the eyes as well.

I am very sensitive, so just filling a ziploc bag with ice does not do the trick. And applying something that is not very cold also does not work - I need real icy cold to take down the inflammation.

Any leads on where I can get eye masks that will actually produce serious cold?

Are you sure there are none left... sometimes retailers have them long after they're no longer made?

How was the ET one shaped? and how big? There's a lot of gel packs on the market, if you give me some details I'm sure I can hunt one down. Most of the ones that come up when I google earth therapeutics gel eye mask have the cutouts for the eyes. This one looks more solid but it's kind of hard to see - was it like that?
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

There's a "how to make your own" using alcohol / water and double-bagged zip lock bags:
      http://www.ehow.com/how_6956232_make...ice-packs.html
      Might be helpful as a make-do. It also mentions using hair gel as a substitute filler. (Anyone old enough to remember the pink "Dippity-Do" stuff?

Comment

Working...
      X