This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warm compress without MGD

I have been told that I have MGD in the past year only for my recent Opthalmologist to conclude that it is mainly allergies causing my problems. He thought my glands were fine.

Reading Dr Latkany's book, he basically recommends warm compresses for all over 25s to keep the health of the glands up and fully functioning.

So my question is, even if you don't have severe MGD, or minimal signs, is it still a good idea to keep up the warm compresses a couple of times a week, or more / less frequently? Can it cause more harm than good?

From my understanding the only harm you can do with warm compresses is if you have them too warm - i.e burning hot. My MGD has been classified as a 2 out of 5 but I still do the warm compresses once a day everyday.

Comment

You can still have MGD and not have many signs. I dont have blocked glands, but i know my MGs are the issue. If i do a hot compress i get relief but it doesnt last long because the inflammation is still there.

Are the underneath of your lids inflammed?
      I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

This may not be what others have experienced, but when I first developed the dry eyes I use the warm compresses, and I felt it made it worse for me, I don't have MGD, so I don't know if that's why, but I felt it inflamed my eyes more, or something, I tried the eyelid scrubs too, which made it seem worse also. I started using the sterilid eye cleanse and no rubbing, but gave that up as it didn't seem to make a difference. Drops and contacts have been the only improvement for me. Like Sazy123 I want a cure too!

Comment

sazy123 - yes my inner eyelids next to my eyes are red and inflamed. My doctor says this is due to allergies, but i'm not too sure as other symptoms are few (sneezing) or non-existant (itching). Can MGD cause red inner eyelids?

Mawsky - same as you really, i don't feel warm compresses make much of a difference symptom wise. But of course this doesn't mean that clinically there isn't some improvement.

Comment

Working...
          X