Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Azyter (Azithromycin )Blepharitis anyone out there using the eye drops?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Azyter (Azithromycin )Blepharitis anyone out there using the eye drops?

Hello. I have MGD, Blepharitis and Dry eyes - started 14 months ago. My right eye is worst affected and feels like burning gravel in it most of the time. I have tried Steroid drops, Doxy, and use Systane UD eye drops several times a day. 8 weeks ago my consultant prescribed Azyter eye drops - 1 drop twice a day 2 days, 1 drop once a day 14 days. For 4 weeks when the treatment finished my eyes were good, blephasteam goggles once a day and Systane keept them under control and there was very little pain. For the last week the pain is back for most of the day - I am due to see the consultant again on the 17th. I founds an article www.eyecareducators.com - New treatment for Meibomian Gland Dysfunction
    which suggests using the drops for 30days, then a 30day break, then drops again 30 days etc for as long as needed. I will talk to my consultant about this.

Has anyone out there been using these drops in a cycle of any sort and had success with it?

Thanks for your time

My blepharitis set in about 5 months ago. When I was at my worst, without azasite I don't think I would still be enrolled in school. It's anti-inflammatory effects helped me considerably. That being said, my improvement in recent months is not credited to azasite. The root cause of blepharitis is inflammation. In fact, the word blepharitis literally means "inflammation of the eye lids" in greek or latin I forget which one. What produces inflammation? Our immune system. Where is the immune system located? Well, about 75 % of it is located in our gut/intestines. I suggest you begin an anti-inflammatory diet and/or the paleo diet (the one I use). Your body might begin to feel better in a variety of ways rather quickly, but, in regards to your eyes, you have to be patient. This disease is not like a cold or flu. You cannot expect it to vanish over night, it will take time. Stick with it, and I believe you will see results.

Comment

Working...
    X