This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never ending eyelid inflammation

I can't seem to get my lids under control. I have ocular rosacea and have been treating it for a while. Even the serious stuff like steroids and doxy can't help. I bought some mankua honey today, per some ppl on this site, and am going to give it a try. My plan is to put some honey, diluted with water, on my top lids only. I really hope it helps so I can stop after a week or two to avoid some of the nastier side effects I read about. none in my eyes.

Hey Kate,

Have you ever tried changing your diet? You might have some hidden food sensitivities that can cause problems. Maybe try like a glutein free/casein free diet and see how it goes. Also try to up your veggie intake. Theyre chock full of good stuff that your body needs. If you hate veggies you can try incorporating them by juicing and adding a little fruit to it to make it sweeter.

Comment

Yeah, I've cut out sugars, even fruit. And after about 6 months on an anti- inflammatory diet am just starting to introduce oatmeal back into my diet.

Comment

Originally posted by Katewest View Post
        Yeah, I've cut out sugars, even fruit. And after about 6 months on an anti- inflammatory diet am just starting to introduce oatmeal back into my diet.
        Are you following any specific protocol? Id recommend probiotics if you havent done so yet. Sauerkraut is super easy to make and i eat a bite of it before every meal. A book that helped me quite a bit was GAPS book by Dr. Campbell Mcbride. That is the protocol im following and it really seems to be helping.

Comment

I can't seem to get my lids under control. I have ocular rosacea and have been treating it for a while. Even the serious stuff like steroids and doxy can't help. I bought some mankua honey today, per some ppl on this site, and am going to give it a try. My plan is to put some honey, diluted with water, on my top lids only. I really hope it helps so I can stop after a week or two to avoid some of the nastier side effects I read about. none in my eyes.
          Hi, i have the same problem.I have severe (lower eyelids inflammation). Either rosacea or auto immune. Nothing has managed to get it under control after 9 years. Steroids do nothing to it.

Im currently on: High dose fish oil, 3000 mg vit C, restasis 8x per day, GLA, NAC, vitamin b complex, Azasite 1 day. But im not holding my breath.

Ive done stict anti inflammatory diets with probiotics and it made no difference. Very hard to stick to and after months of no difference I couldnt stick to it.

I think its auto immune, Sjorgens, because nothing helps. So it would make sense.

Is your inflammation inside your lids? Mine is inside on the lower lids.
          I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

My inflammation is under the lids top and bottom. The worse they are, like after a warm compress or crying, I can see the veins on my eyelid. I was tested for sjogrens and was neg. have you tried the candida diet? I stopped doxy after 5 or 6 months of it doing nothing and am using probiotics.
            How about the honey? It's only day two but I think I can see more oil flowing. Still dry though. But my dr says my tear production is good. So I'm still hoping/trying to combat the inflammation.
            Restasis was terrible, although my doc said to try again 1 x daily at night. Azasite made my eyes worse.
            Last edited by Katewest; 01-Jan-2013, 18:34. Reason: Spelling and added something

Comment

My inflammation is under the lids top and bottom. The worse they are, like after a warm compress or crying, I can see the veins on my eyelid. I was tested for sjogrens and was neg. have you tried the candida diet? I stopped doxy after 5 or 6 months of it doing nothing and am using probiotics.
              How about the honey? It's only day two but I think I can see more oil flowing. Still dry though. But my dr says my tear production is good. So I'm still hoping/trying to combat the inflammation.
              Restasis was terrible, although my doc said to try again 1 x daily at night. Azasite made my eyes worse.
              I think we have a simular problem. My inflammation is under the bottom lids. The tops arent really bad. In fact when the lowers are bad- i think the only oil im getting is from the top lids- where the inflammation isnt to bad.

Aazsite stings, it hasnt helped so far. Restasis burns- but i find if you put it in and keep your eyes closed for 5 mins after the burning isnt to bad. The more inflammed my eyelids are the worse it will burn. When my eyelids arent that inflammed restasis doesnt sting at all.

Can you upload pics of your innereyelids? I would like to compare with others. I can upload pics too.

Donno about honey-- i just dont see how that will reduce the inner eyelid inflammation? Ive tried things like this before and unless the inflammation is reduced nothing gets the oil going for me. Steroids etc dont work. But its something to try.

Have you tried looking for allergies?

I tried a candida diet, or anti inflammatory. It did nothing.

The test for sjorens can give a false negative. Lip biopsy is the most accurate.

I will keep an eye on your progress because we seem to have a simular problem.
              I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

I have been allergy tested a couple time and nothing came up. I do think it might be anyway though because it's worse at work. It's day 3 of honey and I think I see more oil coming out of the top lids. I figure if I'm careful it can't do much harm to try. I don't use it in my eye and wipe it off before bed. I'll try to take some pics this weekend and message you.

Comment

Thanyou, i will do the same.

Is it straight honey or do you dilute it with anything?

I assume straight would sting..

Comment

I wet a q- tip and dip it in the honey. Then use that to spread it on my lids. It doesn't sting at all just a little sticky. So i use it after work and weekends

Comment

Did it help ?

I wet a q- tip and dip it in the honey. Then use that to spread it on my lids. It doesn't sting at all just a little sticky. So i use it after work and weekends

Comment

So far I really think more oil is coming out oF my glands. When I'm wearing it my eyes feel slightly better too. Less itchy. I also think my eyelid margins look less red and puffy, especially the top. Maybe I'm using more on the top because it's easier to apply? My eyes are worse at work so I tried putting a little bit on them during my lunch break, but that didn't really help much. Its been less than a week so I am hoping progress comes with time? I slept with a tiny bit on and I didn't really notice a difference bad or good. I've been diluting the honey with water but tonight I put on straight honey after my shower. The ifs were a little hot still or maybe it's just body temp but the honey just kind of melted on.

Comment

Hi all, I see "honey" has come up again. It has worked really well for a few of us, you can read my old posts or blog for more info if you want to try it for yourself. I am still a believer after all these years. Still use it once in awhile when my eyes start stinging after being in a dry or windy enviroment.

Comment

Originally posted by regina View Post
                            Hi all, I see "honey" has come up again. It has worked really well for a few of us, you can read my old posts or blog for more info if you want to try it for yourself. I am still a believer after all these years. Still use it once in awhile when my eyes start stinging after being in a dry or windy enviroment.
                            Hitta Regina!
                            Just read your interesting blog. How are you doing today? What type of honey do you use?
                            Also I was laughing when I read your point about stop dating. I am in the same place...who wants someone who cant go out to socialize, just want to sit at home with the humidifier! It was spot on! I am sitting at home with my humidifier as sole company every night. What a life!

Comment

awwww...well Im glad you gotta laugh out of it! Sent you a private message!

Comment

Working...
                              X