This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGD Survey

Hi Everyone I figured I would start up this Thread to Answer a Question that has been bugging me since day one that you wouldn't think has anything to do with Meibomian gland Dysfunction, but I believe it absolutely does.

To run this Poll Please, Answer the Following Question;

If You suffer From Meibomian gland Dysfunction, When You go to sleep at night How do you sleep?

Selected answers

A. You Sleep on your back.
    B. You Sleep on your Stomach.
    C. You are a Side Sleeper.

You wouldn't think this had anything to do with this disease But I believe it does.

Post your answer Below:

On my side

Comment

side sleeper
      Lasik victim 2012

Comment

Side sleeper

Comment

side but i wake up a lot on my stomach
          Jenny

Comment

Side and stomach...sometimes wake up on my back. So all three

I don't know if there's a connection unless mould, fungi from the cushion is a culprit.

Comment

Scheffer Tseng thinks there's something about sleeping on the same side that makes DTC (delayed tear clearance) worse. See his paper: A Practical Treatment Algorithm for Managing Ocular Surface and Tear Disorders published in Cornea Oct 2011;30 (Suppl. 1): S8–S14 (pubmed abstract http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21912234).

Comment

Ok I will answer the survey I am Also A side Sleeper, I think we are starting to see a pattern here folks. Lets get some More answers shall we. Before we make some conclusions about this hypothesis

Comment

On my side. Always..

Comment

Side sleeper

Comment

Side but this results in tears falling out of eye and squishing eye . so i do back with much effort.
                      http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/a/l/l/t/allthings.htm

Comment

Well Thanks for your input Folks I believe we have caught a Pattern Here about dry Eye. In Particular the Reason Why we all have it, The Method if you will. It seem that we are all side sleepers, Now why would that be important. I believe it has to do with the Health of the Skin on our very Heads. As you see Side Sleepers Tend to Have their eyelashes/Eye Brows Make contact with their pillow Case. It would Be Interesting to See if any University would study What sort of Microbes are living on the Pillow Cases of those Whom have Dry Eye Verses Those Whom Do not have Dry eye. I believe This Study Should Be Presented to New Dry Eye Research. After all I remember Myself and My head Itching from using a New Shampoo and My head Itched Before My eyes Ever did. That was When I had Blepharitis, Which then led To Meibomian Gland Dysfunction and Dry Eye. I believe they are all interrelated. The Question Remains for the University's, What Sort of Micro Organisms Are Living on our Scalps in Cases Of Inflamed Dry eye and Blepharitis? I have heard that effective cultures cannot be done, with the eyelids, But however, I do know for a fact that Cultures Can Be Done of the Scalp and Hair with a Dermatologist. I think its really time to conclude that Dry Eye is a Skin Disorder and that A new Field must be developed to combat this problem. Ophthalmologists can only do so much for treating eye conditions, but Dry Eye Is a Skin Disorder that should be more geared toward the Dermatologists field. However this poses a problem today, Where areas the Medicines that are used to Treat Skin Disorders are normally toxic to the eye. New Medicines Must and Need to be Developed to combat these issues, I just don't see anyone doing anything at the moment, doing anything New, Azasite, and Restasis Are a step in the right Direction, But I believe that even these medicines aren't even addressing the True Problem of this Skin Disorder that Is keeping the Infection alive, that's Dry Skin. I see no Non Preserved Emulsion Based Eye Drops Being Invented that Are non Toxic to the Eye, Neither any Non preserved Oils that can be used Like a lotion to cure up the skin of its dryness and getting rid of the infection. I also See no New soaps being made that Are not preserved or are made of artificial ingredients, In fact I believe that some preservatives in soap is what lead to the Scalp infection that caused my dry eye, due to Chemical sensitivities. I believe chemical sensitivities are caused by Fluoridated water and pollution in our environment.

There are Some Serious Problems out there today, and major flaws in our Health Industry, I don't see any progress being truly made. Let us hope that, People will consider Progress over profit in the future.

However I believe if anything is to be done about this disease it may be a grass roots movement, if people want solutions they gotta make them, I don't believe we can depend on someone who's motivated by only profit to make a difference where its really needed.

Best of Luck people, I hope you continue Your Support For Dry Eye Here and in the future I hope to support a Grass Roots Medical Movement for Dry Eye, A non profit foundation that will truly Make a difference, hopefully in the future we can truly make progress on this disease.

Sincerely, Meibomian Gland Man

Comment

Working...
                        X