This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lasik Induced Dry Eye MGD question

Please help me identify the cause of this ACID LIKE SYMPTOM + salt like debris on top of the eyelashes!!!!!! Is this a direct result of the MGD? I would greatly appreciate your answers!!!

Hello, I'd like to ask you a particular question as I've love to know if some of my symptoms are directly linked to MGD or are related to the lower tear production after lasik.
    I have a lot of salty like stuff on the top of the eyelashes. Is this stuff created by the modified lipids from the meibomian glands? Or is a result of the higher osmolarity of the tear film?
    Also I usually experience a weird symptom: after laughing or coughing or yawning (reflex tearing) as my eyes become moisture than ''normal'' and become over-flood with tears I get an intense sensation of burning, like someone put acid in my eyes...... I have to flush my eyes with saline or just to use ocusoft or just any other type of mini towels to clean my eyelids and in seconds the feeling goes away..... so even if I clean just my eyelids my eyes do not burn anymore .... it is so weird.....my personal explanation would be that when I have more tears in my eyes than usual this high tear film melt with the debris, inflammatory staff that it is on my eyelids and this result in eye burning.....would this be possible?
    Have any of you, especially the ones with lasik induced dry eyes, experienced this symptom?
    Thank you in advance for your answers.
    Cristina
    Last edited by Cristi; 05-Feb-2013, 07:34.

Hi
    I might be wrong but I think reflex tears are chemically different than basal tears. I had lasik and my eyes are very dry but I often get reflex tearing that burns quite a bit.

Comment

hi thank you for your answer. is any of the other lasik victims experience this? i have to add that i don t feel the burning every time i have reflex tears but only when i have a big overflood of tears and especially when my lids have not been cleaned

Comment

Working...
      X