X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TBUT 5 Seconds but clear oils

Hi,

My TBUT is about 5 seconds but my optometrist and opthalmologist doen't think there is any significant MGD. The MG oils run clear from the majority of MGs. I have heard of non-obvious MGD and wonder if i fit into this category or if it is aqueous / mucin disorder in nature. If it is non-obvious MGD, what sort of treatment would one do? I also get little mucous balls in the corner of my eye by my nasal side, they are quite sticky in nature (apologies for the info!) and not sure why it occurs. currently on three hourly lubriction, twice daily patanol and FML (allergies).

Thanks,

This sounds a lot like my issue.

Question though- can you go into more detail about the mucous? Specifically:
    1. When do you notice this? When is it most prevalent?
    2. What makes it better?
    3. If you close your eyes, but then move your eyes (with eyelid still completely shut) do you feel like you have strands of junk in between your eyelid and your eye? If so, can you keep you eyelid shut and use your finger to work it to the inside corner?

Basically, this is my story...this happens to me especially at night. Also, my eyes are horrible by the time I get to the evening. To make them feel better, I use a cold compress. Warm compresses make mine worse. Eye drops do nothing. I have tried a ton of treatments but the only things offering minimal help are a multivitamin, theratears nutrition, and a probiotic.

Therefore, if you are like me...maybe these might help you but that might be a bit of a wild guess. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X