This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blepharitis caused by Acne?

My eyes last month started to get a lot of pain. It was discharge and went to eye doctor. I was told i have blepharitis. However i still have it everyday and read its not curable. Well i also noticed that my face itches a lot especially my eyebrows so i keep on scratching it a bit.

Besides the discharge i have on my eyes, i also notice that i have like this redish rash on my forehead but its close to my eyebrows. Its like acne but isn't like your normal acne. My eye doctor told me blepharitis is an eye infection and it could be caused by acne as she saw i had acne around the area of my eye.

My question is blepharitis related to acne? I see this type is called dermatitis forehead which looks like mine . Does anyone who had blepharitis have dermatitis in their forehead?

Does anyone know what works for blepharitis? Every morning i wake up there is so much discharge in my eyes. And during the day i will get the burning pain.

The eye doctor gave me Zylet Ioteprednol etabonate 0.5% and tobramycin 0.3% ophthalmic suspension. I was told use it for 7 days but the bottle is so small that i ran out after 2 days. It did seem to help though and i read its a steroid. Should i go and get some more of this?

I was also told to do warm compress. Does that work? I tried it for few days and then stopped b/c i got lazy but read many ppl say it doesn't work and some even mention it makes things worst. And should it be warm compress or cold?

And anyone here done those lid scrubs? I see there is one on amazon called ocusoft lid scrub plus where it has great reviews except 2 ppl who mention it gave them a rash and burned their eyes. But the other reviewers say it helps for blepharitis and one woman on youtube did a video that said it helped her with it. But i do know some reviews on amazon on fake reviews.

Also i was given 2 very small bottles of Systance Balance lubicant eye drops and refresh optive lubricant eye drops. Could i use these as well since i ran out of zylet?

Comment

hi drewlizard,

did your doctor check for demodex mites?

Comment

The eye doctor gave me Zylet Ioteprednol etabonate 0.5% and tobramycin 0.3% ophthalmic suspension. I was told use it for 7 days but the bottle is so small that i ran out after 2 days.
        Hi Drewlizard, It's good you are consulting Dr Google and found this Dryeyetalk site for information.

How many drops a day did the eye doc say to use the steroid loteprednol and the antibiotic tobramycin? - instructions should be stuck on the bottles

Also i was given 2 very small bottles of Systance Balance lubicant eye drops and refresh optive lubricant eye drops. Could i use these as well since i ran out of zylet?
        We use any lubricant we like that keeps the eyes comfortable, unless our eye doc doesn't like the particular type for our particular condition.

Certainly you do careful cleaning every day with blepharitis, just as you clean your eyes morning and night anyway. The minimum to keep the eyes good would be an eyerub in a warm shower. This keeps the eye glands moving and prevents more infection. We like the warm compress because it helps melt the crud around the eyes. We also use a cotton bud to wipe along the eyelid margins and eyelash follicle bases. You can buy blepharitis wipes if it helps.

It might help you take control of this if you have a really good look at your eyelash bases in the mirror in good daylight, magnifying mirror for makeup would be great.
        Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Working...
        X