X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foamy like bubbles

Hi all,

I've had mgd for several years now and i since i started with treatment the clinical signs have improved significantly. when i first was diagnosed with mgd it had been going on for a few years without me knowing what exactly was happening.
    Therefore almost all my meibomian glands were clogged and my eyelid margins were very irregular and of course very inflamed.
    Currently none of the glands are clogged,secretions are liquid and the eyelid margins look much better than they did before says my optometrist. Okay fine,but my eyes still hurt very much so all this isn't really helping me.
    What i discovered recently is that if i look in a magnifying mirror is see that there are multiple bubbles in the tearlayer on my lower lids. It looks a bit like foam or soapbubbles or so. I haven't ever seen this before in my tearlayer. I also have the feeling i have soap in my eyes all day long. It burns and when the day progresses my eyes turn very red. They are at their best in the first half of the day. Only thing i can do to relief this burning sensation is to splash some ice cold water in my face,but still the relief is very short lived.
    Anyone here who experiences the same maybe? What could cause this? And most important what would be the best approach to have this foam like stuff removed out of my tears?
    Any input is very appreciated...

Patrick..

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...-patience-left

Comment

Thanx!
      Trying to read the whole thread,but i have to do it in portions i guess.
      It is just too long to read it at once due to my eyes. They hurt too much.
      anyway,thanx again!

Patrick..

Comment

Hi Patrick
        I do have your symptoms. Foamy acid tears.... If I cry or have more tears in my eyes than usual and my eyelids are not cleaned then I get a burning feeling like acid in my eyes. I have seborrheic dermatitis but I only got dry eyes after lasik...
        I wonder too what exactly (other than lasik) is causing this...
        Cristina

Comment

Originally posted by Cristi View Post
          Hi Patrick
          I do have your symptoms. Foamy acid tears.... If I cry or have more tears in my eyes than usual and my eyelids are not cleaned then I get a burning feeling like acid in my eyes. I have seborrheic dermatitis but I only got dry eyes after lasik...
          I wonder too what exactly (other than lasik) is causing this...
          Cristina
          Hmmm.. I had acid tears as well when this mess started a year ago. It was more irritation and acid tears than dryness. i could not drop anything in my eyes at all without severe stinging also. it also felt like I was walking through some oily place where someone was frying food all the time. Now it is awful dryness instead. I Think I am also the seborroic type.

Comment

Working...
          X