Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chinese Herbal Medicine for Blepharitis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Herbal Medicine for Blepharitis?

I got blepharitis about 3 months ago. I didn't know until 10 days after when i went to an eye doctor what is it as i had lot of pain in my eyes. I had the stuff in my eyelids etc and lot of pain in the morning. I also have acne around my face too and losing eyelashes and eyebrows as well and i see blepharitis is related to all of this. I also been very stressed/depressed because of this.

The eye doctor gave me some special eyedrops that seem to work for 2 days but i then ran out of it. I then bought some ocosoft lit scrub online as i read it helps blepharits. I bought the foam and the ocusoft lid scrub plus. It seemed to work and less pain but after few days, pain comes back.

I'm Chinese and my mother told me there are these these places in chinatown where they do chinese herb medicine and they have some medicine/drink that works for health problems. Like if you have sore throat or stuff like that they give you some pills to take and stuff to drink where you make at home that works.

Does anyone know if stuff like this would work? My mother told me when she went there today and told them i had this... she said blepharitis in Chinese... that person said oh... thats not a big problem and its minor. They said after you take some pills/herbs from them, it will go away and this isn't something that is huge problem.

I'm feeling hopeless now but does anyone know if stuff like this would work or tried it? She told me it cost less than $100 for it total which to me is nothing but i feel like this probably won't do much? My mother told me her brother had some sore throat etc and went to see them for it and was given some pill/herbal medicine and then it got better.

Anyone have experience on this or you think its a waste of time? Also, does anyone think a dermatologist is the person who could solve this problem? Eye doctor said a cause of this could be either eye inflammation or it could be acne and my face has broke out a lot as well prior to this and now as well.

I also have lot of pimples/rash around my eye area.

Well according to Chinese medicine, the liver and the eyes are linked. You clean out the liver, and you clean out the eyes... possibly your skin with the acne too.

I'm taking this at the moment. Couldn't tell you how much it is helping me as I started taking a giant new batch of supplements in January when my dry eye flared up again.

I'm also drinking two big cups of Chrysanthemum Tea a day and consuming Goji berries as well.
    32/M ATD • Getting better every day!

Comment

Hi drewlizard - check out some of my posts as I've had acne issues and seborrheic blepharitis for a while now. I've posted some stuff recently about things that have helped me - I'm doing ok at the moment. I think one key symptom that I get is that my eyelids get quite greasy (excess production of sebum) - I think this indicates seborrheic blepharitis - do you get this?

I'm doing ok at the moment I think, check my posts. I'm British - not yet tried chinese medicine but that is one avenue that I would definitely consider going down. I do believe that you do have to keep trying different things to beat the condition.

For seborrheic blepharitis, it does seem to be linked to bowel issues somehow (apparently any skin issues can be a direct effect of bowel issues). Do you get any symptoms like bloating etc? I think the two keys to blepharitis are getting the internals of the body in the right place and effective eyelid cleaning.

Don't lose hope, you just have to keep trying different things until you find what works! People find solutions after having blepharitis for years, so don't worry at all or get down that you're three months in!

PS dermatologist might help but I sort of think that dermatologist / ophthamologists are in a similar position when it comes to eye problems. All they see is the eye / skin symptoms that people experience - they don't have proper insight into the ROOT causes of the internal problems in the body!

Comment

Working...
      X