This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swimming goggles for... SWIMMING!

Would you believe it's been almost 8 YEARS since I've put my head under water in a swimming pool? With my eyes so sensitive to everything since LASIK, water in my eyes is PAINFUL, and I can no longer do it. But when you don't dare get water in your eyes, playing around in a swimming pool is kind of, well, boring.

So, I figured there HAS to be a pair of swimming goggles out there that is comfortable for me to wear. Bought 3 styles, and will return the rejects...

And OMG, with those swimming goggles on, I felt like I must look like a dork, although my hubby insisted I looked fine hehe, and I had the BEST. TIME. EVER. going swimming today. (Point being, if you are like me, and didn't want to wear goofy-looking swimming goggles in the pool, trust me, if you can get over that, you'll be SO GLAD you did!)

I did cannonballs. (just me in the deep end... so no worries... I wasn't torturing a bunch of people with my splashing hehe)

I dove underwater over. and over. and over again.

I even attempted a handstand underwater (didn't succeed... oh well)

So much more fun than goggle-free when I have to keep my head above water and avoid splashes at all costs!

So, if you love to play in the water, and have been avoiding it due to crappy eye troubles, I highly recommend that you buy a bunch of goggles, keep the most comfy pair, and GO PLAY! Whoo hoo! I bet you'll be glad you did... as for me, I'm kicking myself for waiting EIGHT YEARS! lol

(And yes, I do wear my Wiley X's to boogie board in the ocean, but that's nothing compared to the freedom of swimming goggles when you can do whatever the heck you want in the water, with no fear of hurting your eyes)

This is all kinds of awesome.
    32/M ATD • Getting better every day!

Comment

Good for you SAAG, you go girl!! Sorry I wasn't there to witness it...F/G

Comment

This is awesome news.

Comment

Funny how such a small thing can make a girl so happy, huh? lol

Comment

Working...
          X