This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Eye Possible Cures Interesting Theories

Since I'm a Dry Eye suffer If I was also a Doctor Or a Pharmaceutical company, This is would Be what I would do and study for a possible cure for dry Eye. I know someday if I have the time and money I will do my own research in lab tests to see if these work better than current treatments.

Some Dry Eye Suggested Future Lab Research or Solutions For the Doctors or Pharmaceutical companies out there.

1. Non Preserved Emulsion Eye drops that contain Natural Oils.
    Why do I advocate this, because Oil is the natural thing that is produced by the Skins Sebaceous glands to lubricate the skin, keeping the skin free of Dead skin cells which are the Food source for Staph, or Streph Bacteria, Yeast or Mites. When you heal the skin and take away the food source, these Germs which cause the inflammation in the Eyelids will die, which most of these germs are found to cause the Meibomian and Lacrimal Glands to malfunction are the pure cause Dry eye. If you get rid of the food source, they die, thus the inflammation subsides and the body repairs the tissue.

2. Many times I have thought The simplest Solution to dry eye is sterile Saline Solution. I always felt better when my eyes Would tear up, Why not take it to the Extreme? To simply submerge the eyes and eyelids in pure sterile saline through a special Sterilized goggle apparatus, Through the process of Diffusion, Water will be absorbed by the skin cells and the mucosa cells of the eye, causing the cells to repair from damage, I might even restore the Meibomian glands in oil deficient dry eye. Who knows skin that is moist repairs itself easily, and the meibomian glands and eyelids where the malfunction is, is the culprit. Of course we all know that our Natural tears that our body produces are at a specific PH and that PH can kill Bacteria, yeast, Mites or viruses you name it. When you change the PH of a environment it prohibits the growth of bacteria and organisms. We also know that In auto Immune Disorders of Dry Eye, sometimes Salt deposits form in the Lacrimal glands, if you expose them to water, it will dissolve and help much. Who knows if pure water as an effect on scar tissue in the skin of the patient. If you could dissolve scar tissue by hydrating the skin, maybe the Meibomian gland orfaces might open up and oil may flow freely again, thus curing dry eye. Who knows what prolonged hydration of the Lacrimal glands and surrounding tissue will do to it, Will it heal? Not sure but I believe many changes will happen due to the bacterial, yeast, mite and virus die off due to that saline solution. Not only that but the skin will absorb the water through diffusion and definitely repair dry damaged skin. This eliminating the food source.

3. I think Dry Eye is really being caused by allergies, when the Allergy is discovered and removed, the inflammation is gone, thus the Dry Eye will Stop.

4. I highly believe Dry eye Is cause by a chronic Infection. From Bacteria and Yeast and Mites, is these thing that solidify and change the composition of The Meibomian gland oils causing Evaporative Dry Eye.

5. For Sjogren's syndrome, on the Auto Immune Side we must discover what Causes auto immune disorders. I believe Auto Immune disorders are caused by a disease called Leaky Gut Syndrome. Do your research, Dr Oz. has explained and many doctors now agree that the Intestines is 90% of the immune system. When The intestines are chronically infected, or malfunctioned due to poor diet, or over use of harsh minerals or pharmaceuticals, I think that the body attacks its own tissue. Intestine infections are often silent. Health of the intestine is silent too. I know that the number one side effect of Pharmaceutical drugs is Digestive problems. I took pharmacy school and learned that.

I think that covers it, all these things would be good to consider in the quest for a cure for Dry Eye.

Sincerely, Meibomian gland Man

Thank you a lot !!! One reason you forgot to include is androgen testosterone deficiency unlike anthining else it is easy to detect and esy to treat..

Comment

So true, I use bioidentical testosterone for MGD and Testosterone cream around the eyelids. The epithelium of the MG's and acini require androgens to function (that's if they are not already fibrosed), so it's best to treat this disease early. It does not get better, without treatment, it progresses and gets worse.

Comment

Systemic treatment works better ... .

Comment

1 - yes, if you can tolerate. Even pure, natural and organic contains foreign compounds that some cannot tolerate.

2 -I used saline regularly to irrigate. Just saline .9%. It comes in a single use tube, a little larger than a PF drop and is available via prescription. Because there are no proteins or other components it would feel ok. But over time, without the proteins, it became simply too wet and eventually uncomfortable. So I'm not sure, since we secrete so many compounds, that pure sterile saline would work. But who knows.

3 - if you have allergies, then yes.

4, 5 yes and yes

Comment

Working...
          X